Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJFT I did mine before my interview.

Kitch22

Midshipman
Hi all,

I am currently in the middle of the application process having completed the interview, medical and PJFT. However, after reading some of the threads on here I am a little confused, maybe its COVID-19 throwing a spanner in the works but I did my PJFT before my interview and my medical but from what I am reading the majority of people do it after there medical. I am just wondering is this normal or is it COVID-19s doing?

Kind regards,

Sam.

Ahhh, so are the normal PJFTs back on now? I thought it was the virtual one because of Covid? I was going to do the accelerated apprentice scheme, but I’m now doing the Officer Sixth Form Scholarship.

Kitch22

Midshipman
Ahhh, so are the normal PJFTs back on now? I thought it was the virtual one because of Covid? I was going to do the accelerated apprentice scheme, but I’m now doing the Officer Sixth Form Scholarship.

No, it was still a virtual one as done during COVID-19. My cut off date for doing it was the interview date which seems really early on in the process compared to others!

How are you finding it so far and when did you start?

SeaHawk14

Midshipman
Hi all,

I am currently in the middle of the application process having completed the interview, medical and PJFT. However, after reading some of the threads on here I am a little confused, maybe its COVID-19 throwing a spanner in the works but I did my PJFT before my interview and my medical but from what I am reading the majority of people do it after there medical. I am just wondering is this normal or is it COVID-19s doing?

Kind regards,

Sam.
It seems they'll have changed the order to get as much done as possbile of your application, theres not necessarily a fixed strict order in which things need to be done in. So where possible some things are done out of seqence.
How exactly did you do your 'vPJFT' exactly?

Kitch22

Midshipman
It seems they'll have changed the order to get as much done as possbile of your application, theres not necessarily a fixed strict order in which things need to be done in. So where possible some things are done out of seqence.
How exactly did you do your 'vPJFT' exactly?

I simply had to carry out the PJFT using a real time GPS tracker on a flat road/path and provide evidence and proof of the time and elevation etc...

SeaHawk14

Midshipman
I simply had to carry out the PJFT using a real time GPS tracker on a flat road/path and provide evidence and proof of the time and elevation etc...
Hmmm... Which region of the UK are you in out of curiosity? My AFCO (SW region) immediately dismissed that saying "theres no proof you haven't given it to your mate to run" which is a dumb argument. Curious why my AFCO doesn't accept that as a method for the PJFT

Kitch22

Midshipman
Hmmm... Which region of the UK are you in out of curiosity? My AFCO (SW region) immediately dismissed that saying "theres no proof you haven't given it to your mate to run" which is a dumb argument. Curious why my AFCO doesn't accept that as a method for the PJFT

I am from the NE region and this was not my idea, it was AFCO who told me to do it this way.

SeaHawk14

Midshipman
I am from the NE region and this was not my idea, it was AFCO who told me to do it this way.
Incredible. So frustrating that between AFCO's theres not a joined up decision making. Yeah fair play, I saw another post on this forums and proposed it to my AFCO, they said no chance, wait until the gyms reopen. 'cheating bla bla bla'.

Ahhh, perhaps that may be because your role is sought after, so they're willing to bend the rules. I don't know, I can't make much sense of it. Any case, lucky you.

Kitch22

Midshipman
Incredible. So frustrating that between AFCO's theres not a joined up decision making. Yeah fair play, I saw another post on this forums and proposed it to my AFCO, they said no chance, wait until the gyms reopen. 'cheating bla bla bla'.

Ahhh, perhaps that may be because your role is sought after, so they're willing to bend the rules. I don't know, I can't make much sense of it. Any case, lucky you.

Might not be so lucky yet, I have heard that the AA roles are massively oversubscribed! My fingers are crossed that I am one of the lucky ones! Should find out at the end of August hopefully!

fishhead

War Hero
It appears from the previous posts that AFCOs are getting creative in an effort to clear the backlog caused by Covid-19. To some applicants it might seem like an open invitation to be a little creative on their own behalf to get through the set challenges. No one is watching so no one cares! The only person who would be cheated is the tempted applicant as they would be invited to repeat the exercise on joining and any failure would flag up the deceit.

Kitch22

Midshipman
It appears from the previous posts that AFCOs are getting creative in an effort to clear the backlog caused by Covid-19. To some applicants it might seem like an open invitation to be a little creative on their own behalf to get through the set challenges. No one is watching so no one cares! The only person who would be cheated is the tempted applicant as they would be invited to repeat the exercise on joining and any failure would flag up the deceit.

Thanks Fishead!

SeaHawk14

Midshipman
Well exactly that - imagine how foolish you'd look when you go from running 2.4km in 9:30 to suddenly pushing 15 minutes for the same run. 'Sorry sir, been stress eating recently. Put on an extra 30kg as a result, that first run was me, Honest!'

It is what it is, in the grand scheme of things it'd only mean I'd be held up waiting for the medical anyway so it's not exactly a big barrier, but I would have thought there'd have been a more joined up approach from the AFCO's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Q Next step after pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P What’s after PJFT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P How long before should you prepare for the PJFT? Joining the Royal Navy 20
A Pjft time Health & Fitness 9
Y Wait from pjft to interview Joining the Royal Navy 5
A Waiting for something to happen after PJFT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
N Actual PJFT pass times? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Max9393 Couldn't do PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Max9393 Psychometric test, interview, medical and PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Maxpowers How long after PJFT can I expect an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
ws1602 PJFT Health & Fitness 17
B Failed first PJFT Joining the Royal Navy 18
Banshee-RMforum Pjft times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Super_Navist PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
B PJFT tomorrow! Joining the Royal Navy 6
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
F Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
C PJFT Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M Trying to book the PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
JackFH PJFT PACE !!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
S PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
tbfyb PJFT and PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Cameroon..James99 Pjft advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
WannabeAdmiral When does the PJFT take place? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
L PJFT. Joining the Royal Navy 8
PotentialCT PJFT Diary Joining the Royal Navy 3
S PJFT freak out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
A Medical and Pjft Timescale Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Post-PJFT timings. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T5igger Pjft help! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
shinson PJFT Pass and HMS Raleigh in 9 (ish) weeks!! Joining the Royal Navy 8
1 Treadmill speed for PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
M PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M How long is a PJFT valid for, prior to AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S How long between PJFT and PRNC on average? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
L PJFT Confusion Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
Suit_Up PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M PJFT Run Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P PJFT Tips Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
H passed my pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R Anyone in Milton Keynes training for their PJFT? Read This. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
u04elw2 Just PJFT and Security Clearance to go... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
matt93 PJFT Locations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
C Medical and PJFT questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4