PJFT for officers

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by officer_inland, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone applying for officer has done the PJFT when they weren't expecting to? And yes, I have done the search but I know that the system has changed recently and so don't know if I'm going to have to do it before going to the AIB. It doesn't matter either way, would just be nice to know what letter I'm waiting to come through the post next :)

This is the link I found but it's a bit out of date...

2. :oops: Yes Snotty it has changed!!!!! Apparently your steward does it all for you!!! ( He used to only have to hold your ankles whilst you did sit ups ,but the young Sirs were having none of that touchy touchy feely from a junior rate?? unless on his command :wink: :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. Hi,

Basically from September 2009 all entrant into the Royal Navy services will intially be treated the same.

Presentation (New ICP)

Request to sit RT form issued

Sit RT

Issue of AFCO4, Medical, opticians and security forms

Conduct Medical

Conduct PJFT (Same standards for officers and ratings)

Then seperate into officer/rating processing. Ratings interviewed by CA, officers interviewed by ACLO. Then continue on with two seperate processes as before.

Hope this helps

4. Thanks SM. Just to check then, as I'm already well into the process, does that mean that it's a toss up as to whether or not I do the PJFT? So it just depends on when my info gets sent down to the AIB?
  5. You got it. It will depend on your careers office/ACLO's reading of the instructions.

6. I applied for officer a few months back and I had to do a PJFT. It's not hard so don't worry about it.
  7. I'm not worried about it. I just wanted to know if I was going to have to do it before the AIB or not. I knew that the process was being changed as SM said but didn't know if I am far enough through it or not. I started my application in January and passed my medical a couple of weeks ago so it's already taken a long time to get this far and so it'd be nice if the AIB was the next and last part but if it's not, well, nothing that can be done about it :)
  8. :oops: :oops: Naval Officers are leaders of men, strategists of maritime warfare, and ambassadors of our country. Integrity, strength, perseverance and intelligence. :lol: :lol:
  9. Indeed
  10. really? are we talking about the same naval service here? I'm pretty sure my wardroom is composed of piss artists, work-shy loafers and the odd confused middies!
  11. And some of us manage all three at once...