PJFT/BFT in the Royal Marines

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by drivintothebeach, Mar 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have found lots of information about the PJFT for the Royal Marines and the run times etc. but I wonder if somebody could help me.

An ex-booty mate of my dads is looking to get back to the fitness necessary to pass the PJFT and BFT. My question is does the PJFT pass times change allowing for age? And what is the time required to pass the BFT and does this change based on age?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

RM PJFT is the same regardless of age;

PJFT

RM PJFT Standard Timings

First part a steady 2.4kms in time allowed 12m30s

Second part a 2.4kms timed best effort 10m30s

(Both parts must be completed within the allotted time)

For RM, the running machine is to be set to 2 degree inclination, throughout the test. The candidate is to have a thorough warm up and stretch, prior to commencing the test. The candidate is to control all settings on the running machine, speeding up and slowing down as required. The time when the distance on the running machine reaches 2.4km is to be recorded, to the nearest whole second

For RM, there is to be a 1min wind-down/break before the second timed run. Again the time when the distance on the running machine reaches 2.4km is to be recorded, to the nearest whole second.

For BFT & CFT, I'm not 100% certain but think standards are again the same regardless of age.

3. Cheers Ninja, seeing as I couldn't find anything stating otherwise I guessed all ages would adhere to the same standard. It's just he seemed to recall standards getting slightly lower as the age group got higher, but this was years ago.

Many thanks

4. BFT times change with age, by the time you hit 45 you can moonwalk it...

5. And if you are Jolly Jack/ Jenny you go round in a Shearings coach.

6. Any idea where I can get a hold of these times? Cheers