PJFT again?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by benhowarth27, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I applied back in july last year to be a clearance diver. Did my run ect. back in july now after doing my PEDA and everything else i need too im just waiting for my date. My AFCO has said that i may not get a date untill the end of july which is not a problem, however he also said if this is the case i will have to do another 1.5 mile run on the treadmill as they need to be done every 12 months and it would be over 12 months since i first applied. Which is also no problem as i know i can pass this with ease.

My question is, i have done the RNAC course and obviously my PEDA both of which i had to do 1.5 mile runs among other things. Would it not be possible to use one of these. Its just not a very exiting prospect running on a treadmill staring at a wall, especially when i have already done 3 runs all under the 10minute barrier with the navy.

Any help would be great.
  2. If you do have to do another one just hang a mirror in front of your face so you can amuse yourself at the faces you pull whilst running! It works everytime!
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The advice is that if it isn't a problem repeating the run, then stop bleating about how boring it is & just do it again if needs be.

If you've passed a PEDA, then what's the problem, Tiger?
  4. Fair point, ill just crack on and do it
  5. Just count it as another PT session that you were going to do anyway lol
  6. If you can't hold your attention for under ten minutes without getting bored are you sure you're going for the right job?
  7. I live a fair distdance away from my AFCO center so was just seeing if i could save myself the journey and loss of the days wages. As i said tho its not a problem ill just crack on.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

The PJFT is usually completed in a gym that's open weekends & evenings during the 28 days that you have to take it.

If you have to undertake the run in your AFCO, it maybe worth asking if there's an alternative venue to avoid taking time off work.

That said, your last official 1.5 mile run should count as your PJFT, be it the PEDA or RNAC, providing it is less than 12 months from passing to entry.
  9. i passed my medical the other day and have been ringin fitness first to book my pjft but all they seem to do is take my name and number and they say they will ring me bk... shud i go up to the gym to book it??
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Possibly that maybe the answer.

Quite often there may only be one person at the gym who is "trained" to envigilate the PJFT,, but if you roll-up at the gym you can then make sure they book you in when the right person is present.
  11. I applied last January and becuase i didnt get my date till this january which is for May of this year i had to do my medical again, but i didnt have to do my PJFT as i had done it at the RNAC in July of last year so it was up to date.