Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piss Poor Planning .........................

MG Maniac

War Hero
It seems that as the hospital is going to be a "Trauma Centre" we have to have a "Helepad" and low and behold some French Firm tipped up with a load of aluminium to build one like a big meccano set ... at the bottom of the staff car park.

So far so good ... only the stuffin thing is 3 metres up in the air and big enough to take a squadron of Harriers ... only the only helo's that are going to use it are the Air Ambulance (small pokey thing like a Gazelle on steroids) ... and the big Coast Guard Sikorsky jobbie! Mind with the ramp up to the thing they could use it like a ski jump I suppose!

It however occured to me that when said parrafin pigeons come into land there will be a certain amount of down wash which will whip up all the gravel and other associated detrius so anyone parking their car close to the things is going to be sandblasted! Happily the powers that be have redesignated the car park into a Visitors car park with hopefully a big notice saying park at your own risk unless you want your car sand blaster down to bare metal ... while staff parking is being moved to the other end of the site so I can park my brand new shiney convertible without the risk of the paint being knackered.

I seem to remember in the dark and distant that there used to be such things as FOD Plod's but perhaps civvy helecopters don't suffer from FOD ... and I really can't see "Estates" hosing off the flight pad / car park on a daily basis to clear anything.

I can see a disaster approaching!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
At least when it crashes and explodes in a mahoosive fireball it'll be in the right place for the survivors.

Waspie

War Hero
MGM, it will be no different to other Hospital Landing Sites.

I have certainly been in worse. Southern General In Glasgow for one. We used our blades as hedge trimmers on one such casualty delivery.

As for FOD, it effects anything and everything! Mil/Civ/ petrol pigeons. As most engines are high up and filtered it isn't so much a problem.

MG Maniac

War Hero

Local Coastguard AugustaWestland 139

Eurocopter EC135

Air Ambulance isn't too bad but the CG Chopper is stuffing noisy!

Local Coastguard AugustaWestland 139

Eurocopter EC135

Air Ambulance isn't too bad but the CG Chopper is stuffing noisy!

I would say their going to eventually have to put an S92 down there somewhere to cover the SW approaches when Culdrose gos.

Rumrat

War Hero
I'm not fooled by this thread.
It was just a ploy by the OP to tell us he has a new car.
It was then perpetuated by the "look up to the skies and wank" brigade, that bunch of degenerates who upon seeing anything airborne feel the urge to masturbate.
That was Waspies undoing with his bike, he looked up. I knew he wouldn't manage a skirt at that hight but he wouldn't be told..
Perverts, at least my fetish does not traumatise the sheep for long, as I only attack them en route to the abattoirs.
This red is going down a treat.

MG Maniac

War Hero
It was then perpetuated by the "look up to the skies and wank" brigade, that bunch of degenerates who upon seeing anything airborne feel the urge to masturbate.
That was Waspies undoing with his bike, he looked up. I knew he wouldn't manage a skirt at that hight but he wouldn't be told..
Perverts, at least my fetish does not traumatise the sheep for long, as I only attack them en route to the abattoirs.

Where did you say Tamworth was??????????????

Waspie

War Hero

Was going to say 'Piss Off' Rummers.

But I reckon 'Fuck Off' is more apt!!!!

I don't have to wank over helicopters it just comes naturally!!!!!:sign12:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
They're clever-er-er at Derriford they are. They gone and builded an underground
helicopter park (under the car-park) - only £3.00 an hour (including disabled parking
permits). Here's one just about to go through the tunnel to the barrier. Bloke in the
door should have the correct change ready.........

"WHEEEEE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-EEEEEE!!!!"

Rumrat

War Hero
Was going to say 'Piss Off' Rummers.

But I reckon 'Fuck Off' is more apt!!!!

I don't have to wank over helicopters it just comes naturally!!!!!:sign12:

Fuck off? That's unkind and after that one wonders what you might say to an insignificant poster.;-P

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MG Maniac Piss Poor Preparation etc ... Diamond Lil's 2
REDMIST Taking the F***ing PISS................! Diamond Lil's 24
BillyNoMates What's the strangest place you've ever woke up in after a night on the piss? Diamond Lil's 54
Stirling Piss off. Diamond Lil's 0
Blackrat Internet Bullying & Ripping the Piss on RR Diamond Lil's 117
Ja5on I wonder how long he will have the piss taken out of? Diamond Lil's 0
M Piss!!!!! Lost My Tropics The Quarterdeck 6
NotmeChief Piss take Diamond Lil's 7
T Dubai - Piss Up International 9
slim How to really piss of your family Diamond Lil's 4
brazenhussy annual rr met/ piss up???????? Social & Reunions 40
NZ_Bootneck Troop Piss ups The Corps 227
brazenhussy piss up Diamond Lil's 2
Shakey Taking the piss Diamond Lil's 18
MoD_RSS New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 billion deal to end poor rural mobile coverage agreed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to help tackle poor behaviour in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS West Midlands Trains must invest £20 million after poor performance and delays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Poor accounting practice in charities to be referred to professional body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 billion deal set to solve poor mobile coverage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA reminds providers it will take action to crack down on poor sub-contracting practice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BROKENSHIRE UNVEILS NEW MEASURES TO STAMP OUT ‘POOR DOORS’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity Commission inquiry into Khatme Nubuwwat Centre finds poor governance at the charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Poor record keeping lands nightclub boss with 6-year ban MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Poor little kid - scarred for life! Diamond Lil's 36
D Poor credit history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
scousesubmariner check out this poor unfortunate sod Diamond Lil's 0
Rumrat Poor poor WreckerL Diamond Lil's 12
Rumrat Poor Stokes Diamond Lil's 4
The_Caretaker Poor Freddy Miscellaneous 0
Merlin28 When I was young we were so poor.... The Gash Barge 82
labrum Luther... V POOR! Diamond Lil's 16
M Poor Amel Diamond Lil's 9
SONAR-BENDER The Poor / Rich divide Diamond Lil's 1
GuyC Poor lefty Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
wet_blobby Poor cnut diving in mainpage photo Diamond Lil's 3
F Poor sod! Diamond Lil's 1
slim POOR DEFENCE FOR AN ALMIGHTY BLUNDER Diamond Lil's 3
mikh Oh Dear, poor pongo bandies Diamond Lil's 14
slim Armed forces to live in poor housing "for 20 years" Current Affairs 3
rosinacarley Poor Andym Diamond Lil's 18
slim Poor sleep clouds moral judgement Diamond Lil's 11
golden_rivet poor old geoff The Gash Barge 13
MoD_RSS Simple statements boost for pension planning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Robert Jenrick's speech on planning for the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick announces next steps to put beauty and design at heart of planning system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail and road users to benefit from holistic approach to infrastructure planning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Planning Inspectorate publishes its 2019/20 Annual Report and Accounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of Planning for the future consultation to reform the planning system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Membership of the Planning Taskforce MoD News 0