Pinta's Poll !!!

Should Pinta (Aussiepint) have her O2 thief tag removed?

• Nooooooo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF

• Other (comment below)

• Total voters

skimmer

Lantern Swinger
well tried being nice -got me no where--
so sod it---------
but cant belive everyone is like "oh...... AP-- poor hard done by little nurse type person"

what a load of CRAP!!
INSENSITIVE COW[/quo
Maybe cos we didn't know the reasons for her being banned in the first place.I did ask & was told it was personal or something like that.So,if we don't know the reason don't expect us to make an informed decision. If she's as big a bitch as you make out let her on the site,Jack can rip the shite out of anyone & have great fun doing it.Where is she anyway?Is she an Aussie?

Mmmmm! interesting . AP on site during the 'middle' but an all 'round sweep ' only it seems . Probably in orbit but definitely ' silent routine '.
No answer was the stern reply .

Here goes:

LORRAINE: the reason I took exception to your original post is that you were new to the site, said you were 40 odd, asking medical information from a naval site. I thought that a bit odd? OK, that establised, recently in RR's history we had a member called PiersHeadJump who basically shafted all of us along pretending he had a terminal illness. Apparantly he died and his widow showed up on the chatroom a few days later? I, as well as all other members, rallied around this person to give them support. To the point that one member was prepared to run a charity race for them/him/her. SO, when you posted, my instints and feelings took over before figuring out what I was posting. Lorraine, I am sorry for your loss, and I am more than proud to say that on this forum. I am a nurse and deal with death and dying on a daily basis. I think that anyone who did what PiersHeadJump did is scum. I hope you understand where my sensitivity may lie. Hope to pm you in the future.

BRAZENHUSSEY: The reason I didn't log on for 4 days (why were you counting?), was because I have just finished a month of night duty. And this entire weekend has been about getting back in touch with me mates. I'm sorry I prefer to see my friends than sat on my arse on a Saturday night in RR? I don't dislike you BH, but you seem to have a problem with me given the amount of replies on this thread? And before you start, the reason this is posted so early in the morning is becasue I am still struggling with converting night-duty and official start of winter, with a normal day. I DO hope you understand???

AUSSIEPINT/POLL
Can we put a stop to this? Unlike above, I don't relish this!! I am a nurse with 15 yrs experience, who has close ties to the RN and who would like to still be able to express an opinion. YES I'm a civvie, have NEVER said I was anything more. But, I don't shit-stir for the sake of it, I just have always stood up for myself. Yes, I do give advice to newbies, mostly medical advice, the other 10% is referring them to other threads or members for advice, so you will have to excuse me for doing that?

I will probably get banned again for this post. Hopefully though it will draw a line under it, because as I said, I don't get off on this attention. Here's to a BIG FULL STOP!!

aussiepint said:
Here goes:

LORRAINE: the reason I took exception to your original post is that you were new to the site, said you were 40 odd, asking medical information from a naval site. I thought that a bit odd? OK, that establised, recently in RR's history we had a member called PiersHeadJump who basically shafted all of us along pretending he had a terminal illness. Apparantly he died and his widow showed up on the chatroom a few days later? I, as well as all other members, rallied around this person to give them support. To the point that one member was prepared to run a charity race for them/him/her. SO, when you posted, my instints and feelings took over before figuring out what I was posting. Lorraine, I am sorry for your loss, and I am more than proud to say that on this forum. I am a nurse and deal with death and dying on a daily basis. I think that anyone who did what PiersHeadJump did is scum. I hope you understand where my sensitivity may lie. Hope to pm you in the future.

BRAZENHUSSEY: The reason I didn't log on for 4 days (why were you counting?), was because I have just finished a month of night duty. And this entire weekend has been about getting back in touch with me mates. I'm sorry I prefer to see my friends than sat on my arse on a Saturday night in RR? I don't dislike you BH, but you seem to have a problem with me given the amount of replies on this thread? And before you start, the reason this is posted so early in the morning is becasue I am still struggling with converting night-duty and official start of winter, with a normal day. I DO hope you understand???

AUSSIEPINT/POLL
Can we put a stop to this? Unlike above, I don't relish this!! I am a nurse with 15 yrs experience, who has close ties to the RN and who would like to still be able to express an opinion. YES I'm a civvie, have NEVER said I was anything more. But, I don't shit-stir for the sake of it, I just have always stood up for myself. Yes, I do give advice to newbies, mostly medical advice, the other 10% is referring them to other threads or members for advice, so you will have to excuse me for doing that?

I will probably get banned again for this post. Hopefully though it will draw a line under it, because as I said, I don't get off on this attention. Here's to a BIG FULL STOP!!
Utter tripe.
You made it your personal mission to go out of your way to call as many people "WALT" on as many occasions as you possibly could, even though you have no right to do so. Your posts on this site were mostly vitriol. You bring this site and therefore the RN into disrepute.
Your "apology" to Lorraine was a joke. Remember that I SAW those posts you made to her, and it had NOTHING to do with PHJ's previous posts.
You are a nasty person FULL STOP

Here's a full stop AP,"Fuck Off"!

Here's another. "This is my last response to anything concerning you or any input you might be allowed to post in the future."
RoofRat

aussiepint said:
Here goes:

AUSSIEPINT/POLL

yes- i have a problem with you- i trusted you- and you abused that trust......so dont give me a load of bull about "not disliking me"-- frankly i couldnt give a toss-- you are nasty, "vicious" (does that word ring a bell?)and completely off the planet.

aussiepint said:
Here goes:

If you had of shown a bit of humility towards the person you trashed instead of this shallow excuse for an apology crap, I may have had a bit of sympathy towards your rejoining this site, but that has been put to rest.

Thank You...

(Learn how to eat crow, I cannot believe the profession you espouse to represent allows that type of attitude)

Hi gang. Have been away for a bit and am now back at least in terms of connectivity. I caught onto this one because of a separate reference in another post on the site and wondered what all the fuss is about. Having read through this lot I now see and was just about ready to vote "sod off" (or nearest option to that) when I read APs explanation.

It seems to me that she has well and truly fucked up! Yes I know, not much gets past me. Whilst I've not had any dealings with her myself (that I can recall) she has obviously upset quite a number of you. Accusing Lorraine of being a Walt given the circumstances was bloody harsh but her explanation does mitigate this in some ways.

For her efforts she got tagged, has served her time and is now back with us - untagged. Do we let her back in completely or condemn her to oblivion? I think we should give her a chance as this site is supposedly about freedom of speech & expression, even if we don't always agree with each other.

What would be really interesting to know is what Lorraine thinks. Perhaps the decision should be left to her. Notwithstanding APs remarks above aren't quite an apology but they are close.

If we want this to, it could easily run and run and will only reflect badly on us as a forum when it comes to prospective newbies looking in. BH has been with us for a long time and has made a fantastic contribution. But perhaps this one is better left as agree to disagree, never discuss again, never communicate again or whatever. Whatever happens, I genuinely feel that it should be left to fade away and let us get back to the stuff we're all so bloody good at (winding each other up in a not quite so hostile manner).

Tin hat at the ready and standing by for incoming!!

SF

I am not one of the clique, in Diamond Lils or indeed on RR, Though I did complete my time

Jack often stuffed up spectacularly, (especially when pissed) and even sent to Coventry,
Then as a crew have to live and let live together, eventually taken back in the fold, the incident forgotten about forever (except when spinning a dit in front of his family ;-) even becoming ones bestest oppo ever, no shit

Time to move on I believe and let AP back in the fold
Worse things happen at sea you know

Jack McHammocklashing RO9

She was given chance after chance, talking-to after talking-to and yet the spite STILL spewed forth at a rate of knots.
She is the rotten apple as far as i'm concerned and should go and find a Nurses forum to spout her crap into.

Look what you started China.

I do not know why I keep coming back to this thread. Aussipinta fecked up big style, and she was way out of order in regards to Lorraine's dad (my belated condolences Lorraine). But it appears that admin have now made the decision that her puns have been carried out and she has been allowed back into the fold.

And now some regulars are close to stepping over the bounds of personal attacks that contributed to her getting the O2 tag and the suspension. so maybe it is time to allow this thread to sink into obscurety.

It is interesting how different people interpret posts in diverse ways and there is perhaps a tendency to jump on board bandwagons passing in the night. Now personally I find myself agreeing with my learned friend SF, Slim and Mr. McHammocklashing. I seem to have interpreted APs post as offering an apology whilst trying, however clumsily, to present her perspective.

I remember when one RR'er we had got attached to told us he was going off from Lympstone to drink himself to death on a remote Scottish hillside, due to PTSD. I was so convinced that I contacted the Police and seriously thought about getting a taxi down to Lympstone to try to help him. It then emerged that it was a hoax. PHJ appears to have done something similar, so whilst APs behaviour was reprehensible and misguided, under the circumstances, it was understandable. None of us are perfect and some of us have many more faults than others.

I think it would be unkind to put Lorraine on the spot, so to speak, to determine APs future, under the current circumstances. I believe we should give AP a second chance. However if anyone is going to decide, it should be one of the COs, as I can say from experience that I have always found them level-headed and believe their judgement can be relied upon to be fair and objective.

It would help in future if the reasons for decisions were aired publicly early on, rather than hidden. I suspect most of us had no idea what appears to have arisen, though there are, of course, always two sides to an argument.

Right, I'm off down the bunker for a spot of volleyball, where I know I'll be safe from the forthcoming flak!

People on here seem to have very short memories.
Lorraine wasn't the only one she was out of order to, it was most people on here.
People on here talk on and on about bringing her "back into the fold". What fold? She has neither served or had any intentions of doing so!!
I suppose it must be very easy for some to turn their backs on fellow servicemen/women in preference to someone like that, but sorry i'm not one of those people. She has no place here as far as i'm concerned.
I have fallen out with many on here at one time or other. But it has always been sorted out because of the common ground we share in our service. There is no common ground with her and quite frankly this whole thing is getting out of order towards service personnel, both past, present and prospective because of the amount of you that are so ready to abandon the rest of us for the sake of pandering to her.
That wasn't an apology she gave, it was her blaming someone else for her outburst. Not the first time she has done it either if memory serves. And as I said, she has a long record of spouting rubbish, even to the point of being told by the rest of us NOT to post in the newbies section if she couldn't be either friendly or helpful. You all seem to have conveniently forgotten that.
Quite sad really.

aussiepint said:
Here goes:

Firstly I do not see this as an apology, I see this as an attempt to deflect the blame for her actions to another issue intirely (PHJ) Remember I was new to this site and the issue that is being used as an excuse meant nothing to me(until another forum member enlightened me) I am all for giving people a second chance, but AP had her second chance - many of you may not know that at this time I provided to one of the moderators proof that I was who I said I was (various documents relating to myself and prove that my Dad did infact serve in the RN) It was posted on the site that this was the case, yet still AP had a dig at me where ever she could ~ despite this! if there was a time for an apology then this would have been it. Yes it would have been a hard thing to do, but it could have been done privately and in my book actions like this say a lot about a person.......but no, the witch hunt continued.......

Maybe some of you may say I am unforgiving, but I will never be able to forget (at a time my whole world was falling apart) her words, I am sorry but much as I try I cannot erase the way I felt that when I came onto this site for some ADVICE.

I do not wish to drag this out any further, but I had to put my side of the story forward and agree with other posters that perhaps it is time this topic was put to bed....time will tell if AP has learnt anything from this ? as they saying goes "a leopard never changed its spots"

Thank you all for the condolences ~ God bless

skimmer

Lantern Swinger
Lorraine,sorry to hear about your' Dad & your' experience on here. I wasn't party to what went on but agree it's probably time to put this thread to bed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
golden_rivet The Quarterdeck 13
Lingyai Diamond Lil's 49
Not_a_boffin Site Issues 14