Pingat Jasa Malasian Medal.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by (granny), Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Has anyone any idea how long it takes from applying for this medal and it actually arriving?
  2. Waited four months for mine but I was trunking the association pres.

But I am married to her.
  3. You should have a bar on yours for the relief of Mafeking,
    or maybe the "Nile" campaign 8O
  4. You'd be better off trying the NMBVA or the Fight4thePJM websites for up to date info.

I applied for mine almost 18-24 months ago, regrettably
    the twice I was invited to a presentation ceremony I couldn't attend due to work committments - still waiting for it to be mailed to me. :(
  5. Read above as fourteen not four.
    time to put away tot's now,
    And how come you have only just applied they have been on the table for years now. I believe you can use any org and not just an RN association, but I might be wrong. I think a squaddie did his through our RNA.
  6. Hi
    I looked on the Veterans site the other day and they said it could take up to 2 years due to the medals 'running out' they are in the process of making more so it appears that we all have to wait.......
    dacer :wink:
  7. I was thinking of putting mine on eBay along with my GSM as they fetch quite a bit of dosh and who gives a shite about them anymore?
  8. (granny)

It may have been on the table for years but I only went on line 12 months ago so had never heard of it. It took me a long time to get the hang of this internet thingie! Mind you I am still learning. Who was it said that 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks'? Oh! yes you can.
  9. Granny I wish someone would teach me new tricks, I see blokes posting pics in the threads and try as I might I cannot figure it.
    And can you imagine if we had puters in the old days with satellite Internet, a foreign would have seemed easy and you could have told pusser to stick his ONE radio telephone call via portishead.
    Well coming back to the thread I asked my oppo can you apply through any org and he thinks you can.
    Take your service certificate if you have it and the citation out the medal box and it makes things quicker. If you go to the legion they will be invaluable. Just google it for trap one advice.
  10. (granny)

Sorry , my post seems to have been misleading.. I have applied for this medal, about 6 months ago, through the HMS Cavalier association. I just wondered how long it took. When did this radio telephone call start? I missed that one. The postman was my only connection with the UK.
    There is a thread on RR that deals with posting photo's etc. I use 'photobucket'.
  11. Apologies granny!

I totally misread it and thought you hadn't yet applied.

12. Granny,

I've been waiting for over a year for mine but, whilst I am waiting,
    I tend to pass the time playing with this.

Posting Pics for Dummies

(Not my words).

13. Another dumb question.
    When I read something about uploading or posting pic's it said something like could only post pics from places that were in the public domain.
    Does that mean that the site you upload your pics to before posting on a thread is public and others have access to yopur pics?
  14. That was supposed to have been explained. It appears that the Malaysian Government may have used two, or more, suppliers.

15. Photo Bucket is public domain --ie every one can view them if they log onto your ''album pages '' although they do put them up initially as newly posted on the main web pages.

Its quite easy once the pics are uploaded to transfer them to RR

16. Applied for mine in early 2007,
    and it arrived this morning.