pilots day?????

blimy

Badgeman
right, I know that this has already appeared in a couple of older threads, but......

What is a general day like for a pilot, either helo/FJ, on ship/ground. Oh and maybe a little 'true' chat about flying training. I would like to hear some genuine replies if thats possible ;), no sore AET's! haha

Don't you know the words to "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" :roll:

Thats a typical day :grin: :grin:

Honestly, don't know but i'm sure some of the woo's will fill you in mate :wink:

chieftiff

War Hero
Turn to 2 hours after everyone else, do feck all, go home 2 hours before everyone else. Remember to tell everyone you are a "Pilot don't you know" and very very important, drip like a septic about how long your working hours are, also remember to check how far you have progressed up the aviator's pay spine today £100k or still just the £95k.

Well that's what it's like where I work :lol:

greenking

Banned
chieftiff said:
Turn to 2 hours after everyone else, do feck all, go home 2 hours before everyone else. Remember to tell everyone you are a "Pilot don't you know" and very very important, drip like a septic about how long your working hours are, also remember to check how far you have progressed up the aviator's pay spine today £100k or still just the £95k.

Well that's what it's like where I work :lol:
You know what they say Chiefy, if you'd worked harder at school..... :twisted:

The world is split into two groups: "Those that are aviators and those that want to be"

GK

chieftiff

War Hero
Gk,
If I had worked any harder at school? You mean if I had gone to school!

You better crack on and tell blimy what life's really like for you guys or this will be in the papers tomorrow and you'll all be redundant..... :mrgreen:

Green King, I know some AET's that are better qualified than some pilots. I think your little adage is a bit long in the tooth now. Get the 'chaps' in the briefing room for a think tank and come up with some new ones. That'll fill your day! :lol:

copenhagencup

Lantern Swinger
Helicopter = Air borne Car
Now is it more skilled to drive a car of fix it when some numpty breaks it.
I know of not a single case of someone who employs a chauffeur to drive his car because it is difficult but will change the gearbox because it is easy
I rest my case.

copenhagencup

Lantern Swinger
Turn too late get, get the overworked CPO/PO to do the RORRS3 ( write ups) that you forgot, perform a heroic task of rescuing 26 sailors off a sinking cargo vessel, break the Helo in the process, get on the tele, make the CPO/PO LH and AET`s to stay up all night to fix the bloody thing and do it all again tomorrow, then have the rest of the week off.

slim

War Hero
At the end of the days flying the whole flight work together to fresh water wash the Lynx followed by a PX24 wipe-down. Sorry whole flight minus pilot & observer who are shagged out from the four hours flying exercises that they have performed.
Lynx then put into anger and Flex ops and maintenance carried out by ground crew. Typical ground crew day twelve hours. typical aircrew day six hours consisting of four hours flying plus two hours briefing debriefing.
Do not make a mistake go aircrew!

we used to have a RED LETTER DAY every year on my last carrier - the whole aircrew came and helped wash the jets.

it was a nice day and they spent more time posing than washing.

another time they came and helped the lads chip the rust of the catwalks for nearly 5 minutes before pissing off for a

"""""""""brief"""""""""""

Do you remember when NASA sent monkeys into space? They would fly in the capsule for a couple of orbits (a sortie if you like).
Now upon the capules safe return and recovery NASA never, ever, ever asked the monkey to fix the rocket and capsule before sending it flying again.

During my 24 years as a wafu tiff this tale was reserved for the aircrew who often mistakenly thought they could fault diagnose and drive the cab. Everyone knows we can't multi-task, just check with the wife for clarification

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Flexible operating hours pilots conclude at Manchester and Brentford MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Entrepreneur training pilots for refugees launched across the UK MoD News 0
W Pilots and Observers - Age Limit on entry Increased to 34 The Fleet Air Arm 6
MoD_RSS Another success for the government’s voter ID pilots: 22 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Start date announced for extended court hours pilots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and US pilots to prepare for frontline on state-of-the-art simulators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Next round of Voter ID pilots announced for 2019 MoD News 0
D Rating pilots The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Press release: UK fighter pilots fly F-35 for the first time following training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: F-35 jet and new batch of UK pilots cleared for Carrier take-off, Defence... MoD News 2
C Newly Passed Pilots, how was your time? The Fleet Air Arm 5
W CPO WW2 pilots wings The Fleet Air Arm 7
Frusciante Pilots and Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
BillyNoMates Test Pilots The Fleet Air Arm 6
B Accommodation for Officers (Pilots, Aircrew etc.)? The Fleet Air Arm 11
B Promotion prospects and general information about RN Pilots. The Fleet Air Arm 16
Joint_Force_Harrier RN Pilots (Ratings) The Fleet Air Arm 21
A Navy vs RAF vs Army pilots? The Fleet Air Arm 13
soleil Mail: "BehinD The Scenes With The British Pilots Learning To Fly F-35 Fighter Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 5
A Do R.A.F pilots get to land and operate from Aircraft Carriers? or is it only F.A.A? The Fleet Air Arm 23
C Three remembered FAA Pilots? The Fleet Air Arm 6
AAF Buccaneer test pilots remembered. The Fleet Air Arm 4
C RM Pilots! The Corps 29
soleil Pompey News: "Simulator Puts Pilots Into The Flying Seat For Fighter Jet Training" The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Reaper pilots gain wings MoD News 15
MoD_RSS News story: Double first for French and British fast jet pilots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Navy pilots swap Afghan desert for Norway snow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pilots prepare for landing on Royal Navy's new carriers MoD News 0
Olly013 A bit of advice for aspiring Pilots, Observers and Aircrewmen Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
M Pipeline for pilots training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
janner Tips For Student Pilots The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil ITV: "Navy Pilots Speak Of Responsibility Of Carrying Olympic Flame" The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil BBC: "Royal Navy 'Top Gun' Pilots Train To Fly US Fighters‎" The Fleet Air Arm 3
SARKING Young Pilots... The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Mail: "RAF And Royal Navy Pilots In The Cockpit On Your British Airways Holiday Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 1
Naval_Gazer British aviator pilots Harrier for the last time The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Mail: "Bandits à Neuf Heures, Jacques! RAF Pilots Have Language Lessons" (sic) The Fleet Air Arm 10
J Crab Pilots Disciplined Current Affairs 11
scouse 303 Squadron Polish Pilots , such a sad ending!! in betrayal. last night CH 4. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
soleil The First Two Royal Navy Pilots Qualified Exactly 100 Years Ago The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil Mail: RAF Harrier Pilots Given £100,000 Pay-offs; Their RN Counterparts Get Nothing The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Telegraph: "Shortage Of RAF Pilots For Libya As Defence Budget Cuts Bite" Current Affairs 14
Merlin28 43% of RAF trainee pilots will lose their jobs Current Affairs 26
soleil Telegraph: "Quarter Of RAF Trainee Pilots To Be Sacked In Defence Spending Cull" The Fleet Air Arm 3
J FATs & AIBs for pilots on hold? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
The_Caretaker Pilots Miscellaneous 0
scouse OMG!! French pilots and Chockheads The Fleet Air Arm 3
scouse Wanted Harrier Pilots The Fleet Air Arm 6
J asthma and pilots The Fleet Air Arm 9
J asthma and pilots The Fleet Air Arm 1