Pilot Medical

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Sashak87, Jun 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I've searched high and low for answers to this question and was directed here to you fine folk who will hopefully be able to help me.

I'm applying for pilot in the FAA and wanted to know how strict they are on the medical. I know they use the same medical as the RAF but if your too tall for fast-jet you can still be considered for rotary flying. is this right? I'm 6'4'' and I know I'm a pretty dead cert to fail the fast jet medical, I always wanted to fly a helicopter off the back of a ship amyway.

Other than that I'm fit, getting weight down to sub 94kg (I'm 100 at the moment) and have perfect sight. So it's just height which is the major issue.
  2. Make it the Flight deck Wings :thumright:
  3. Lying down in a darkened room seems more appropriate.
  4. Sorry I don't understand, do you mean apply for something else?
  5. Yes!
  6. Ignore the dullard Sashak.
  7. will do, does anyone know if they take applicants who are too tall for rotary direct? Would make sense as the RN only takes on 10 FJ pilots compared to 50 rotary each year.
  8. Hear Hear . Dullards? Most seem to be serving on Illustrious.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

JAA: You are neither a Doctor or a Pilot, so please refrain from offering advice where it is not needed or appropriate.

Keep your advice where it is most applicable: "The Gash Barge".
  10. You are not aware of my RN aircrew credentials or, if I subsequently became a Doctor of Medicine .
    Perhaps both
    Keep ones mouth closed and be thought a fool. Open it and prove the point.
  11. sgtpepperband

Perhaps you should practice your own medicine then, Doctor... :roll:
  12. Practise is a verb so one can only Practise ones own medicine. I'm otherwise chastened!
  13. sgtpepperband

Too tired to care... :yawn:
  14. Beaten!
  15. The pilot of the chopper That i was aircrewman on was 6, 3,, So youll be O/K :thumright: