Pilot details and medical requirements.

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by adam chivers, May 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

just wondering if anybody knew when the RN was planning on recruiting Pilots/aircrew again as i know the SDSR has prevented them from recruiting recently. I asked my local AFCO but they dont know.

Also whilst its on my mind, if anybody knows the medical requirements of becoming a pilot i would be so so so grateful. In particular i would be interested in knowing the Eyesight requirements and the details on Asthma and the RN. Any other details would be a bonus.

Oh and whilst its on my mind, if anybody has details on the selection of Pilots in the RN i would be thankful. i.e what i could expect at my interview and what the Aptitude tests are really like.

Finally if there are any RN pilots out there reading this, any chance you could PM me so i could pick your brains a bit?

2. Regarding the medical aspects, use the site's search function. Your questions come up approximately monthly. I am a (relatively) patient person but I draw the line at repeatedly answering the same question for those who lack initiative.
  3. Here here Angrydoc........Why can they not use the search function??
  4. Adam, maybe want to think about changing your user-name? PERSEC!!!
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  5. If the AFCO can't tell you, who do you expect to be able to tell you on this unofficial Navy website. Oh, yeah, I know, they are starting again next week. Just pop into the AFCO and tell them you saw it on RR and all will be okay.;-P