piercings

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Hohen, Feb 14, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning all

I've no doubt this question proves my utter idiocy, but I just cannot seem to find a definite answer anywhere.

Unfortunately, I have nipple piercings. I've made a point not to get any facial as I'm aware these aren't permitted. However I've had very differing responses when asking about them in relation to my application. The officer in charge of my application said they were fine , but all the documents on the 'tinternet appear to say otherwise.

I'm sure many of you will have a suitable answer , and I apologise once again for my stupidity.

2. Well it would make the staffs job much easier if ALL new recruits had their nipples pierced. Then they could be linked together with cod line and led more easily around the establishment.
    At the end of the day they could be tethered to their bunks so they didn't get lost.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Why not remove anything that you have inserted and let them heal over?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ah but you see that'd only work if they all had rings , not bars.

5. The Chippy would soon weld rings onto the bars;)

6. And as we all know, Chippies can do anything, I know this cos I sailed with Jack Frost, the best chippy in the whole history of the RN bar none!

7. In all seriousness does anyone actually have an idea ^^

8. I will see your Chippy and raise you a Sam Weller (HMS Manchester chippy). The genius who installed a urinal in a cupboard just outside the Chiefs mess, what a relief:):):)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

10. You'll have trouble doing a compas swing (if you're going WAFU that it) :)

11. get rid of them ffs
    you are joining a proud, smart, senior service

your nipple ring would get hot when fighting a fire.....

12. Why are you implying that nipple piercings make me not " proud and smart" hm ? Nobody can see the things

Although I do appreciate they have to be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So why spend the money and incur the pain?

14. Slim, Chippy's name Sam Wellens regards barny.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

One could ask why you had the Prince Albert, Slim? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Well I was close Barny;)

17. A Prince Albert, I had the smallest, prettiest and tastiest willy in the fleet, I certainly would not have desecrated it with a piercing, had more than enough trouble finding the bloody thing.

18. Ah ... but then you could have used a Magnet!

PS ... agree re Sam Wellens and remember him from my days on Manch too!

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Demands of the boyfriend.

20. Than god that I am straight:D:D