Pier Cellars

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by sazzz, Jan 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all, i've got a few question about pier cellars, primarialy, what is the accomadation like? And also will a padlock fit on the lockers (if there are any), or are they the type that you need a key for or whatever?
    And anything else pertinent.

Appologies for mong spelling, and thanks in advance :)

2. Very weak wind-up - must try harder.

3. No, im serious, what is the accom really shit or somthing? i haven't been told anything, im just heading there for a course this weekend

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

3*

It could do with a lick of paint and the waters cold.

5. Okay, thanks. Do you know about the locker situation, because from where i live its a long(ish) journey, and i'm wondering whether or not to take my ipod for the journey, i just wouldn't want it to get nicked.

6. jesus ******* christ.

7. witsend

No lockers, just make sure you have personal insurance. A good site is IRANIANCOVER.com (spelling) which have a great replacement policy and are very cheap.

8. Ah, ok, i guess i wont be taking my ipod then. Thanks, that's really useful, everything i needed :)

9. witsend

Night night spaz, opps I mean sazzz.

10. I didn't know Pier cellars was being used by an outreach group to run key skills courses for skiplickers. You learn something new every day.

11. More specifically skiplickers known as cadets.

(God i can't believe i just admitted being a cadet here. Twice. I'm sure someone will say that explains things)

12. nighty night *insert mong noises*

13. You'll be taking plenty of KY then!!

14. witsend

Don't drown on the jiz as you count socks for another muster.

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have to say it was rather unfortunate Jimbo didn't have some sunnier pictures & a scale drawing in his response.

I though for an Officer, it was a rather disappointing performance. :laughing4:

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One of the things that always amused me at FOST, was that no matter how good you are as an Officer, some bugger always finds fault.

The good news is that I no longer work there :toothy3:

17. Do the girls have to share a dorm with the guys?

18. No, just the KY.

19. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

This isn't a bite but a serious question...

What's piers celler?

It looks like some kind of adventure training location, maybe even the place where the mythical windsurfing you see in all the recruiting litrature happens.

20. Its an old torpedo depot on the south side of Cawsand Bay. Since I havn't been there since 1983, I don't have any more info.