Pier Cellars

Evening all, i've got a few question about pier cellars, primarialy, what is the accomadation like? And also will a padlock fit on the lockers (if there are any), or are they the type that you need a key for or whatever?
And anything else pertinent.

Appologies for mong spelling, and thanks in advance :)

Evening all, i've got a few question about pier cellars, primarialy, what is the accomadation like? And also will a padlock fit on the lockers (if there are any), or are they the type that you need a key for or whatever?
And anything else pertinent.

Appologies for mong spelling, and thanks in advance :)
Very weak wind-up - must try harder.

No, im serious, what is the accom really shit or somthing? i haven't been told anything, im just heading there for a course this weekend

3*

It could do with a lick of paint and the waters cold.
Okay, thanks. Do you know about the locker situation, because from where i live its a long(ish) journey, and i'm wondering whether or not to take my ipod for the journey, i just wouldn't want it to get nicked.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
No lockers, just make sure you have personal insurance. A good site is IRANIANCOVER.com (spelling) which have a great replacement policy and are very cheap.

G

guestm

No, im serious, what is the accom really shit or somthing? i haven't been told anything, im just heading there for a course this weekend
I didn't know Pier cellars was being used by an outreach group to run key skills courses for skiplickers. You learn something new every day.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Have to say it was rather unfortunate Jimbo didn't have some sunnier pictures & a scale drawing in his response.

I though for an Officer, it was a rather disappointing performance. :laughing4:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
One of the things that always amused me at FOST, was that no matter how good you are as an Officer, some bugger always finds fault.

The good news is that I no longer work there :toothy3:

wet_blobby

War Hero
This isn't a bite but a serious question...

What's piers celler?

It looks like some kind of adventure training location, maybe even the place where the mythical windsurfing you see in all the recruiting litrature happens.

This isn't a bite but a serious question...

What's piers celler?

It looks like some kind of adventure training location, maybe even the place where the mythical windsurfing you see in all the recruiting litrature happens.
Its an old torpedo depot on the south side of Cawsand Bay. Since I havn't been there since 1983, I don't have any more info.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Blue Jokes 9
N Submariners 1
Shakey The Quarterdeck 33