Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of the Falklands

Lister

Lantern Swinger
Hi everyone

I am after a big favour, i have organised a Falklands 25 Dinner and the powers that be have 'suggested' that we put a video montage of scenes of the Falklands both during and post conflict on a big screen during the evening. While i have managed to get hold of some pictures, i would appreciate it if anyone has any that they are willing to let me use.

Either leave a message here or pm me.

Thanks in advance

Lister

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
Lister that may not be a wise thing to do as it may bring back bad memories of those who came under attack. So may I suggest that you talk it through with the "powers that be" and ask them if pictures of during the Falklands may be a wise thing to do, this is only a thought

Lister

Lantern Swinger
Waspy

I had the same thoughts as you, but having already chatted with the few vets we have here and they have contributed some pictures, and are more than happy for this.

brigham600

War Hero
Lister,

I have some photos which I can email to you. A lot of mine were lost in a fire at my home some years ago. :-(

Will be in touch mate.

Feel free to copy my two. The first being taken prisoner at Govt House 2/04/82, the second also at Govt House but taken on the last day of the war. I posted them under my old name of RM2PhD. See under Comic, I think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Falklands veteran meets Argentine pilot he shot down 30 years ago Current Affairs 13
TheAaronP A few Pictures (taken in the Falklands & Ascension islands) The Quarterdeck 9
soleil FB: Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 1 - 2019 In Pictures The Fleet 0
Waspie New Wafu stuff, with pictures too!!! The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil West Bridgford Wire: "Pictures: HMS Sherwood Parade Through Nottingham City Streets" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
soleil Scottish Sun: "Birdseye View - Breathtaking Aerial Pictures Of Scotland Taken By Daredevil WW1 Pilot Who Survived Nine Crashes" The Fleet Air Arm 2
BillyNoMates Join the pictures 2015. Diamond Lil's 3
Seaweed ???????????? Pictures on RRPedia ?????? Site Issues 0
SONAR-BENDER Pretty pictures Submariners 2
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Ice patrol ship photos win Royal Navy annual awards Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Remembrance 2011 Current Affairs 0
soleil Opération Harmattan Documented In Pictures By The French Ministry of Defence International 9
soleil Telegraph: "In Pictures: BAE, Barrow And The Building Of The Astute Class Submarine" Submariners 1
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: HMS Liverpool's 100th day of patrols off Libya Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Navy helicopters 'bag' Afghan drugs Current Affairs 0
BillyNoMates Join the pictures 2011. Diamond Lil's 715
soleil BBC: "In Pictures: HMS Ark Royal Through The Years" The Fleet 0
soleil BBC: "In Pictures: HMS Chatham Final Return To Plymouth" The Fleet 1
Hermes_R12 HMS Argyll in Liverpool (pictures) The Fleet 0
U Life in Sangin: A story in Pictures – Final Part Current Affairs 1
U Life in Sangin – A Story in Pictures: Part 2 Current Affairs 1
U Life in Sangin – A story in pictures Current Affairs 2
BillyNoMates Pictures that are wrong. Diamond Lil's 48
Passed-over_Loggie Big Shots Swop Pictures. Current Affairs 5
S Pictures Diamond Lil's 108
S Some Old Pictures History 3
2_deck_dash How to post pictures Bloody Computers 5
Ja5on Pictures of women you fancy The Gash Barge 3
S submarine pictures Submariners 13
R lt cmdr John Eyton-jones pictures on ship The Fleet Air Arm 32
D Grandpa's Navy pictures - WW2 era History 5
L How to Post Pictures in a Thread Bloody Computers 13
N Malta 2008 Pictures History 39
HarryBosch Trouble with opening some pictures Bloody Computers 7
Topstop Smoking, pictures on packets. Diamond Lil's 4
N Old Pictures History 23
Ocean_Girl Pictures of me The Fleet Air Arm 17
L Laugh at the old Pictures SCC and URNU 17
xxspikexx pictures Site Issues 4
ProudNavyWife(tooBe) those pictures things Site Issues 3
golden_rivet pictures of the snow The Gash Barge 40
P Pictures The Quarterdeck 0
andym posting pictures on site. Site Issues 9
P Great Spoofs I have Known (now with pictures) History 77
N Gallery Pictures of Badges The Fleet 6
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp FALKLANDS - Mine clearance now completed History 4
MoD_RSS Falklands finally landmine free thanks to UK-funded team MoD News 0
soleil The Times: "Captain Mike Booth, 70: Helicopter Pilot In The Falklands, Naval Attaché And Cabinetmaker" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil BBC: "Falklands Veteran 'Forced Out Over Sexuality' Will Get Medal Back" History 31
soleil BBC News: "German WWI Wreck Scharnhorst Discovered Off Falklands" History 1