pics of HMS RALEIGH

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisj09, Jan 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. top forumming :D

2. That will be me if I end up starting in this weather.

3. Some good pics on there, i like the one where they are all checking for blisters, i will look forward to that :wink: .

Don't worry tuts, the aliens will get you long before that.

4. We used to tell the younger classes that the best way to avoid blisters was to soak your boots overnight in a sink full of piss, as the ammonia will soften the leather.

It doesn't actually work but it is funny when a whole class have done it and their boots stink of piss for the rest of their course.

Good times.

5. Result!! Anything is better than starting basic in this weather. I will keel over and die. Bring on the Aliens!!! :whdat:

6. to avoid blisters...simply wrap your feet in a standard supermark carrier bag then put your boots on..

simples

7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

8. Nice pics.

Anyone care to enlighten an old salt as to what the yellow epaulettes mean on the 8s/4s ?
    Presume they mean senior/passing out of training class?

:)

9. Some brilliant piccies, but as an ex Raleigh drill instructor, what's with the arms 15 degrees above the horizontal? :evil: (Pics 18.24.28.31.74).
    Don't they teach "fingers clenched at the first and second knuckle- back of the hand flat- bear down on the thumb- arms straight- forearm parallel with the deck at your own shoulder height on the forward swing" any more? 8O :?

2BM

10. Parallel to the deck ? Isn't that the squaddie way ?:scratch:

Didn't it used to be at 45 deg from the shoulders ?

But then they seem to have lanyard knots up around the neck area these days, instead of the previous "two inches above the 'Vee' of the silk"

:)

11. Ha! Genius! :lol:

edit; cheers for posting, some good pics there.

12. Thanks, great pics.

13. Only in the minds of Jolly Jack, who thought that once he'd passed out of training he didn't have to march correctly any more! :lol:

2BM

14. All phase 1 trainees were them to identify them as such. They are issued with the Royal Navy epaulettes on completion of phase 1.

15. Give then a bright pink no 1, give them the kick *********** to pass out!!!