Switch board

Passage to aft mess

Submerged Signal Ejector

Aft Mess

Aft Planes with screws removed

My bunk mate and best oppo

Any questions PM me

Nutty

Was on the Guard when she was launched - April/May 1962 ? - it was Cup Final Day 1962 - biggest fight was over the ale Charlie Efford (the barracks Chief GI) provided. rather than the result. Day my sister got wed........

She looks to be in very good condition

Definate memories --------

After mess looks spacious with no countermeasure tubes ,the P n O's in my day all had them. The view of aft aswell of the plane guards and aft planes have done a few screw changes standing on them!! Used to change them while alongside --usually at sunset- so nobody saw us doing it in the dark.

Nice one Nutty

:nemo: :nemo:

Did the HMS Alliance tour in Gosport a couple of years ago, as an ex-skimmer I take my hat of to you guys that served on subs......I couldn't have done it.

Thanks matey. After spending 14 years on boats a Type 42 would be scarry for me especially when the Argies where chucking exocet at you.

Ah - nostalgia!! Thanks for that post Nutty. Brought back many happy memories (although I was a P boat greenie, it was pretty much the same).

ps : How long have you and Mrs. Skyvet been bunking together ?

Polycell said:
Thanks matey. After spending 14 years on boats a Type 42 would be scarry for me especially when the Argies where chucking exocet at you.
It was the 1,000lb bombs that got us on Coventry.........they were just as bloody scary.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Current Affairs 25
N Diamond Lil's 2
Jenny_Dabber The Corps 0