Pic For you A boat phobiacs

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Nutty, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Three A Boats along side HMS Medway in Sing's. Not a gun in sight

Possibly Anchorite, Alliance and Amphion

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Interesting pic Bob, any clever tecchy that can blow the pic up enough to read the numbers on the Fins.
    Amphion definately had a gun on out there, I have sent the pic on to a mate who was on the Andrew at the same time, to see if he can throw any light on when the guns were fitted
  3. I was matching up what I could make out of the numbers with boats known to be in the area together with other pics, mainly water level taken of three boats published in Janes 64/65. o secret tecky device I am afraid hence the ?.

4. Super picture. Anyone got one of the A boats alongside in SM2 i.e. Tyne, Forth/Defiance?
  5. janner

6. Thanks Janner excellent photo. Still interested in any SM2 pictures especially before the nukes moved in and took over.
  7. Dear Boat spotters,

Can someone please explain the attraction people have with pictures of ships going through big waves or boats tied together? As a bootie this aspect of the RN is absolutely beyond me!

There is clearly a genetic difference between those who get 'excited' and those who don't. I suspect the exited group had childhood problems ranging from being bullied, and finding it hard to bond with others at school, to having to wear all the hand downs from an older sibling (probably of the opposite sex!).

As a side issue have any of you celebrated your 40th (+) birthday at home whilst still living with your mother? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. You lot need to get out more!
  11. But then Spider Monkey we are not attracted to large chunky wrist watches with leather, Cord or stainless steel straps that will still be water proof at 900 feet depth. No do we have any interest in wrestling mats or the best brand of gell/jelly, KY or other for use in naked wrestling.

12. Wassup is it the steroids make you lot stupid or is it the frontal labotamy you get when you join…something to think about …this is the submariners forum, say`s so on the door ..so there`s a good chance when you enter you will see stuff about… erm, submarines. yes…if you have a problem with that then don`t start carping on about peoples posts ….just drag your knuckles off somewhere (anywhere) else.
  14. janner

One of you pooter experts must have some photo stuff that can enlarge without to much distortion
  15. Spider monkey, as you are or were a Royal Marine has it ever struck you that the word "Marine" suggests something to do with the sea. The sea is a big wet place where Jack and Royal go about their business.

Rum Ration, the name of this site should have given you another clue as to the sites contents.

On entering the site, in big, non joined up letters we are told that the site is about the RN and RM. Still following???

If you don't want to read about submarines, aircraft carriers, the Royal Naval Reserve et al stick purely to the Corps forum. There you can chat away about the joys of Lympstone, the Depot or Poole, bang sticks, covert OPs and the like and keep your blood pressure at a safe level by not showing yourself to be intolerant of other serving and ex serving members interests and receiving perfectly warranted flak.

There are other sites on the Web specificly dedicated to Royal, perhaps one of these would suit you better.

16. Googled!

Disproportionately long, spindly limbs inspired the spider monkey's common name. Their deftly prehensile tails, which may measure up to 89 centimetres, have highly flexible hairless tips complete with skin grooves similar to fingerprints; this adaptation to the spider monkey's strictly arboreal lifestyle grants the monkeys a fifth hand of sorts. Adults reach an average body length of 20 inches and a weight of 6.4 kilograms.

Spider monkeys have hook-like, narrow and thumbless hands; the fingers are elongated and recurved. The hair is coarse, ranging in colour from a ruddy gold to brown and black; the hands and feet are usually black. Heads are small with hairless faces. An unusually long labia in females may be mistaken for a penis; its function is unclear.
  17. Many thanks for your kind replies :lol:

I'm just trying to understand what makes the bottom dweller tick...clearly not banter (or are you lot just getting warmed up??) :wink:
  18. Spider Monkey

I did return your banter, but the sight of an naked Bootie with no back up wandering around the Boaties bit of the forum brought out the wosrt in them and they decided to go straight for the jugular and send you back to Lympstone all trussed up.

Luv and Hugs xxxxx

Nutty, Old and Senile of Espana

PS My daughter in a fit of madness married a Bootue so we actually gave one in the family. Then again it was better than her marrying a civvie and I would have nothing in common.
  19. Janner, I've tried with every photo enhancing programme I've got, just can't enhance it enought read the numbers. If anyone has the original print, perhaps a powerful magnifying glass might help.

BTW Janner, do you know where your pic was taken?, also how is Adamant secured?, can't see any anchors etc.

Lastly guys, agree with your comments re a certain khaki coated worker, f***ing bootnecks!, big boots, low centre of gravity, and can't swim!
  20. Now now old man bill, don't go raising your BP. All that pressure in such a tight space is sure to result in a blow out at some point on your less than majestic superstructure :lol: