Physchometric test-Suit

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Honour_Courage_Respect, Aug 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, ive got my physchometric test booked for a few weeks from now. I am wondering if i would appear to be too over dressed in a suit?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Is that one of the questions?! 8O
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's up to the individual- some roll-up in a suit, some in a track suit.

Certainly for Selection Interview a suit is recommended, but it isn't essential at the early stages.
  4. Ninja knows his stuff, but I always looked at it that I was going in for a job. I always tried to make a good impression of myself as someone who was serious about joining and was worth accepting. I always dressed smart when attending the AFCO, not a suit, but a shirt and trousers at least. It may not matter, but it's a matter of pride and creating that image of a someone who has thought about this and has made his decision to join, not someone who went out for some matches and ended up in the Navy. Good luck
  5. But maybe not a Brian Fantana suit, or aftershave eh Grubber? :)
  6. Suit's not toooo bad. But easy on the "Sex Panther"! :thumright:
  7. cheers for the replies, much appreciated.
  8. I booked my test for a week today, yesterday. The guy asked me a few times if i was sure, should i of taken longer to prepare or doesn't it make a difference?
  9. Only go for your Psychometric test when you think you have a good chance of passing it. If you do fail it then it's a minimum of 6 months before you can attend to re-take it.

Best of luck with your RT when ever you decide to take it

10. Thanks, didn't know about the six months rule.

A little worrying, i might delay it a bit.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You are normally advised to do a spot of revision, particularly if you've been out of education for a while.

The RN Psychometric Test or Recruiting Test is very useful, the questions aren't hard, but you need to work fast. If you fail it's 6 to 12 months for a re-sit, so beware falling at the first hurdle

You can also get a free practice test booklet hard copy from the AFCO which is an excellent guide to what to expect (Link above).

Online Psychometric Tests can be found on the Practice Tests website
    and Fireman's mech comprehension tests, alsoCivil Service online test

Good luck- practice against the clock.