Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo

nikki92

Badgeman
Hi, no hits when I searched, so...for the application form, do you need to attach a photo? I know it's a really stupid question, but it says "photograph" on the front cover, and I didn't know if I needed to provide an official passport one, or if it was taken at the AFCO, or what?
Sorry for the stupid questions!

officer_inland

Lantern Swinger
Not stupid. I attached one and wasn't told that I did wrong. Not sure what it's for though. But then I had to post mine so wouldn't have been able to get one taken anyway.

nikki92

Badgeman
Hmmm...maybe I'll get one done tomorrow and put it in the envelope when I post it, unless anyone else knows otherwise?
Thanks!

I never had to have one with mine, but i do belive you have to take 4 passport photos with you when you start at raleigh.

nikki92

Badgeman
OK, thanks!
It doesn't say anywhere that one needs to be attached, and if they do require one I can always bring it in asap. It looks from the form that you either provide it at a later stage, or that it is taken at the AFCO.
Thank you for the reply.

lw1984

Midshipman
i was required to take 4 passport sized photos to the formal interview, i dont spose it matters whether you put these in with your application form, or just take them with you on your formal interview, both will end up in the same place.

docherty

Badgeman
i attached 1 to the form and gave the other 3 at the apptitude tests and the guy at the afco never mentioned it

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Jesus wept. This will go down as one of the classic dumb ass questions of all time, along with grip size, haircut and I'm a spaz will the Navy find me a job type questions.
Reading the instructions on how to fill out/complete the forms maybe a good place to start.
RJ is hung, drawn and quartered whilst mongs like you waste O2. :evil:

Pleeeeeeease NZB.... They don't realise that they need the phots for the passport they need for shore leave from Raleigh! :twisted:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
thingy said:
Pleeeeeeease NZB.... They don't realise that they need the phots for the passport they need for shore leave from Raleigh! :twisted:

LOL,,,good one thingy :lol:

R077

MIA
NZ_Bootneck said:
Jesus wept. This will go down as one of the classic dumb ass questions of all time, along with grip size, haircut and I'm a spaz will the Navy find me a job type questions.
Reading the instructions on how to fill out/complete the forms maybe a good place to start.

:notworthy:

soleil

War Hero
Nikki

If you want to attach one and you have one spare, you can attach it but it's not compulsory. Many candidates submit their forms with no photo attached to it at all; some do attach one, though, and the Careers Advisors quite like it if they have, because then they can put a face to a name when reading through the forms and they can remember who you are.

There is a point further along the recruitment process when you must supply photos, but that's not for a while.

Different AFCOs may arrange things slightly differently, but the above applies to most of them.

stimps

Lantern Swinger
NZ_Bootneck said:

Spot on. :glasses7:
I have to admit i've put up one or two questions that seemed a bit daft.
But some don't seem to bother seeing if it's already been answered already, so you get the same crap over and over.
btw about the hair cut. if the first thing that happens when you arrive at hms raleigh is that you get your barnet buzzed to a grade 2. what's the point of the comb on the kit list. :twisted:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
stimps said:
btw about the hair cut. if the first thing that happens when you arrive at hms raleigh is that you get your barnet buzzed to a grade 2. what's the point of the comb on the kit list. :twisted:
Despite rumours your hair will grow back.
In the meantime you use the comb to assist in plaiting your pubic hair as per Regulations for nightly Pubic Lice Inspection.
My advice get a Brazilian before you join, it'll cut down on a lot of work.

stimps

Lantern Swinger
NZ_Bootneck said:
stimps said:
In the meantime you use the comb to assist in plaiting your pubic hair as per Regulations for nightly Pubic Lice Inspection.

Don't like Brazil though!

stimps

Lantern Swinger
StixJimboRM said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
stimps said:

Are Brazilians better at haircuts than the barber at Raleigh then?

Will my Brazilian be in a 30 man room too?

When I go to phase 2 will i be able to take my Brazilian?

My Brazilian doesn't know how to polish boots, will he be taught at Raleigh?

Can my Brazilian bring his car when we start training?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D

Deleted 7

NZ_Bootneck said:

You're wrong NZ!

We have a steward in the making right here :lol:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
One request on behalf of AFCOs:

When supplying 4 colour passport photos, it would greatly help if applicants write their name & date of birth on the reverse to aid identification in the event they become separated from the pack.

Presently I have a drawer-full of photographs of unidentified teenagers & my colleagues are begining to compare me to a recently departed pop-star.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ninja_Stoker said:
Presently I have a drawer-full of photographs of unidentified teenagers & my colleagues are begining to compare me to a recently departed pop-star.

No suprises there then :oops:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Help with old WW1 photo History 10
soleil FB: Portsmouth News "What An Amazing Photo Of HMS Queen Elizabeth And HMS Prince Of Wales" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS ‘The kingdom through my lens’: British Embassy Riyadh launches photo competition MoD News 0
S Photo/video as a hobby onboard? RFA 9
repoman RENOWN lost photo's Submariners 2
sea_mine Unknown Cruiser Found On NCAP Photo History 18
soleil Shepton/M Journal: "Somerset Flooding: 'Army? We Need The Navy!' Photo Goes Viral" Current Affairs 0
janner WW2 Photo Recon. The Fleet Air Arm 0
P Easy Jet - London bound - photo query The Gash Barge 0
N Stealth Photo Thread Diamond Lil's 21
S Facebook photo The Quarterdeck 30
SEP86 Reclaiming Driving Licence Photo Renewal Cost?? UPO 25
Magda Signature Photo Bloody Computers 7
janner Diesel Boat Reunion Photo's Submariners 0
janner Rare photo of the 1940 Tour de France Diamond Lil's 11
Naval_Gazer Home page photo Site Issues 13
B Send New Photo For Driving License Current Affairs 17
Stirling Cracking photo Diamond Lil's 9
gremlin ARRSE Photo Competition Jun '10 - £250 prizes from Towergate Hobbies & The Great Indoors 13
P I want to find the pilot on the photo. The Fleet Air Arm 3
L Can anyone help with this photo History 23
w.anchor Old ship mates photo exchange Site Issues 14
Montigny_La_Palisse The RR photo gallery Diamond Lil's 40
soleil Winning Images - Peregrine Trophy 2009 - (RN Photo. Comp) Current Affairs 4
wet_blobby Poor cnut diving in mainpage photo Diamond Lil's 3
ex_rubberdagger Photo Diamond Lil's 32
S Tracing my Grandfather = photo - help Submariners 3
Pitfirrane SD Photo Card Bloody Computers 6
whitemouse Photo gallery slimming ? Site Issues 2
scouse photo gallery 70/Arethusa The Fleet Air Arm 0
frayedknotarts Looking for information on a photo History 5
BillyNoMates War Correspondent photo. Current Affairs 3
D Cyprus photo album Social & Reunions 8
S Russian submariner photo mystery Submariners 10
N Great Photo's Diamond Lil's 11
bigbaddog Photo of a Naval Rating about to swallow a helicopter. The Gash Barge 1
N San Carlos Bay Rememberance Parade Photo Current Affairs 2
M Photo Gallery Site Issues 3
SS-super-stoker Photo of the Sheffield being hit by the exocet - not Diamond Lil's 12
M DOES MY PHOTO OF GRANDAD MATCH THIS ONE TAKEN ON HMS HOOD!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
wakka That WREN LT, smutty photo shoot of? Diamond Lil's 35
Good_CO Wanted - one ship door (photo) Site Issues 24
N Another old photo History 4
M WRITING ON THE BACK OF A PHOTO...CLUES????? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
N Photo ID of RR Persons Competition Diamond Lil's 21
A Upload Photo's Site Issues 4
andym Adolf Hitlers son,Photo proof! Diamond Lil's 14
J Photo The Fleet 11