Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by nikki92, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, no hits when I searched, so...for the application form, do you need to attach a photo? I know it's a really stupid question, but it says "photograph" on the front cover, and I didn't know if I needed to provide an official passport one, or if it was taken at the AFCO, or what?
    Sorry for the stupid questions!
  2. Not stupid. I attached one and wasn't told that I did wrong. Not sure what it's for though. But then I had to post mine so wouldn't have been able to get one taken anyway.
  3. Hmmm...maybe I'll get one done tomorrow and put it in the envelope when I post it, unless anyone else knows otherwise?
  4. I never had to have one with mine, but i do belive you have to take 4 passport photos with you when you start at raleigh.
  5. OK, thanks!
    It doesn't say anywhere that one needs to be attached, and if they do require one I can always bring it in asap. It looks from the form that you either provide it at a later stage, or that it is taken at the AFCO.
    Thank you for the reply.
  6. i was required to take 4 passport sized photos to the formal interview, i dont spose it matters whether you put these in with your application form, or just take them with you on your formal interview, both will end up in the same place.
  7. i attached 1 to the form and gave the other 3 at the apptitude tests and the guy at the afco never mentioned it
  8. Jesus wept. This will go down as one of the classic dumb ass questions of all time, along with grip size, haircut and I'm a spaz will the Navy find me a job type questions.
    Reading the instructions on how to fill out/complete the forms maybe a good place to start.
    RJ is hung, drawn and quartered whilst mongs like you waste O2. :evil:
  9. Pleeeeeeease NZB.... They don't realise that they need the phots for the passport they need for shore leave from Raleigh! :twisted:

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

LOL,,,good one thingy :lol:
  11. :notworthy:
  12. Nikki

If you want to attach one and you have one spare, you can attach it but it's not compulsory. Many candidates submit their forms with no photo attached to it at all; some do attach one, though, and the Careers Advisors quite like it if they have, because then they can put a face to a name when reading through the forms and they can remember who you are.

There is a point further along the recruitment process when you must supply photos, but that's not for a while.

Different AFCOs may arrange things slightly differently, but the above applies to most of them.
  13. Spot on. :glasses7:
    I have to admit i've put up one or two questions that seemed a bit daft.
    But some don't seem to bother seeing if it's already been answered already, so you get the same crap over and over.
    btw about the hair cut. if the first thing that happens when you arrive at hms raleigh is that you get your barnet buzzed to a grade 2. what's the point of the comb on the kit list. :twisted:
  14. Despite rumours your hair will grow back.
    In the meantime you use the comb to assist in plaiting your pubic hair as per Regulations for nightly Pubic Lice Inspection.
    My advice get a Brazilian before you join, it'll cut down on a lot of work.
  15. Don't like Brazil though!
  16. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  17. You're wrong NZ!

We have a steward in the making right here :lol:
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One request on behalf of AFCOs:

When supplying 4 colour passport photos, it would greatly help if applicants write their name & date of birth on the reverse to aid identification in the event they become separated from the pack.

Presently I have a drawer-full of photographs of unidentified teenagers & my colleagues are begining to compare me to a recently departed pop-star.
  19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

No suprises there then :oops:
  20. Once a Stoker always a Stoker! 8O :D