Phobias

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lsadirty, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting article in the TORYGRAPH on Friday about some weird and wonderful phobias, from an article in the NEW SCIENTIST.
    HIPPOPTOMONSTROUSESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA - Fear of long words ! (The short version is SESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA)
    ZEMMIPHOBIA - Fear of the Great Mole Rat.
    ALEKTOROPHOBIA - Fear of chickens.
    LUTRAPHOBIA - Fear of Otters.
    PENTHERAPHOBIA - Fear of your Mother in Law (Think most of us have had this one).
    PTERONOPHOBIA - Fear of being tickle with feathers.

Now the human mind is a weird thing, that contains all our hopes, fears, etc, but fear of the Great Mole Rat - must be a very localised phobia?
    I used to suffer from CRUSHERPHOBIA in my youth - fear of being nicked by the Patrol for being in a confused state in various places around the globe. NORTHEATERPHOBIA - self-explanatory, usually a result of an attack of CRUSHERPHOBIA.
    Anyone else admit to having a phobia ??

2. DHOBAPHOBIA - Fear of water that manifests by avoiding showering.
    DHOBAPHOBIA BY PROXY - Fear of watching others use water for any purpose (common among Submarine Chief Tiffs)

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Seem to be quite a few people around me who have got over their workaphobia only to suffer from wontachieveanythingincaseitcostsmoneyaphobia

4. No. Because you will all take the piss out of me.

5. I'm a Thalassophobic (God knows why I'm joining the Navy!!) ... or well more like whats in them than the actual things themselves ... so more specifically I'd probably be a Selachophobic. Makes me feel sick thinking about it. Errr ...

6. I have Arithmophobia.
    Its not nice, and old fear of my primary school maths teacher haha.

7. A German psychiatrist believes that many of the millions who are off work sick may be more than just lazy. They may be suffering from Laborophobia: the fear of work.

I know many who suffer from this terrible disgusting disease. They all gather at the meeting house called SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS DEPARTMENT. If you suffer from Laborphobia pop along a warm welcome will be given to all. We also operate a free taxi service for those without transport.

8. ....or Pith . :w00t: :rendeer: :rendeer: