Phil the Greek

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Blackrat, May 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I fucking love this bloke. He's a legend with his numerous faux pas and general not give a shittery. I've met him a couple of times and he's ace. 2_Deck_Dash can confirm what he's like, as he sees him at BBQ's etc. Anyway, here's his latest;

Prince Philip about Hannah Jackson, blonde in red dress: 'I'd be arrested if I unzipped that' | Mail Online

Some other classics he's come out with are;

'Do you still throw spears at each other?' To Aboriginal leader William Brin during a visit to the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland, 2002.

'I would like to go to Russia very much — although the bastards murdered half my family.' In 1967, when asked if he would like to visit the Soviet Union.

'It looks as though it was put in by an Indian.' The Prince's verdict on a fuse box given during a tour of a Scottish factory in August 1999. He later apologised: 'I meant to say cowboys. I just got my cowboys and Indians mixed up.'

'If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.' To a meeting of the World Wildlife Fund in 1986.

Anyone care to add some more of Phil's or their own classic one liners?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like the line "spotting Hannnah Jackson,25 on a trip with his wife to Bromley" that would be Mrs Mounbatten then.

• Like Like x 2
  3. "I'd much rather have stayed in the Navy, frankly." When asked what he felt about his life in 1992. There's quite a few who have echoed those sentiments.

4. Blackrat

Talking of saying the wrong thing, i remember being in a Covent Garden pub (The Comedy) and chatting to two gorgeous girls with a mucker of mine. We were all getting on like a house on fire and you didn't need to be Sherlock Homo to know i was getting my oats that night, bar something major happening. Detecting an accent, i asked the girls where they were from. "We're Finnish" replied the one who was clearly going to get it from me later. "You look a bit fattish to me" replied my fuckwitted friend. Needless to say, the only hand that held my cock that night was mine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I reckon if he never met Liz, he could have been the UK's own Hugh Hefner.

6. Blackrat

[​IMG]

'You look like you're ready for bed!' To the President of Nigeria, who was wearing traditional robes.

7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

The bloke is a fucking legend! I have a book of his quotes somewhere, very amusing read and obviously something you can pick up whenever the fancy takes you.

8. The man is a legend.

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" to a Scottish driving instructor

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" To an inhabitant of the Cayman Islands

"
    There's a lot of your family in tonight." To a Mr Patel at a dinner for Indian businessmen

9. We need more like him just to keep the British sense of humour up, good on ya HRH DoE.

10. I have two hero's that I admire, One is Boris the other Phil The Greek

11. I reckon a run ashore with those two would be quite entertaining.

12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Greek? He's as Greek as Robert Mugabe is sane. Back in 18 0 something the Greeks were short of a king and got a German Danish Royal to do local acting King. Prince of Greece does not a Greek make.
    Love him. He'll never call a spade an entrenching tool. And he's smelled the smoke.

13. Ha, ha, ha, ha. I honestly thought that you may have meant Boris Johnson there for a moment. Obviously I was very confused.

My apologies, good one though.

Boris Johnson.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Slim. Heroes you admire. Is there a kind of hero who you don't admire? Just asking......neck on stand-by for retraction.

15. Odd question. Heroism is surely in the eye of the beholder. I am sure that there are members of the PIRA (hungy Bobby for example - OK ex-members) who are considered heroes by many.

I doubt that many on here, or hopefully on any other civilised forum, that admire the cunts though.

16. Old bint owe's my dead grandfather a pack of smokes... I'm going to ask for em back.

17. Blackrat

I had an argument with someone about this. I claimed Phil was of Danish/Germanic origin, he called me a fuckwit. Thank you for confirming the fact that i haven't completely lost the fucking plot yet.

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bobby Sands, slimmer of the year 1981 isn't a hero he's a fucking legend. He started a very niche but fantastic little republican clic. Just a shame there wasn't more republicans who followed his new craze through to it's happy ending.

Back to Phil.....I think his cock has had a fair few indiscretions more than his mouth but you've got to love him, national treasure telling the world how it is.

19. Blackrat

Picture the scene, it's pissing it down with rain on some God awful exercise at Sennelager and i'm with my oppo making a brew under the flimsiest shelter imaginable. We've been attached to the Royal Highland Fusiliers for two weeks and are fucking threaders doing Infantry type shite and down to our last packet of coffee in the brew kit. Some very clean looking Sergeant approaches the pair of us looking resplendant in his waterproofs and polished boots.

Sgt - "How do lads? 'Avin a brew are we?"
    Me - "Yep. Let me guess, you're here with the Colonel and are on the ponce for some coffee?"
    Sgt - "Does a bear shit in the woods?"
    My Oppo - "Not in these fucking woods they don't, so fuck off"

The really unbelievable thing was, he did indeed fuck off. Philipisms are for winners.