Phil the Greek does it again!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Mar 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I was in HRH's position I would do exactly the same thing! A true Naval Officer!
  2. Good ol Phil he just says out loud what most keep in there heads. Fair play to him he's a star.
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You got to love him. Top bloke. :p
  4. What a non story. Prince Philip makes a joke, everyone laughs at joke the end. Harriet Harman and Co can fcuk off and die I'd take Prince Philip over all of them, the man's a legend and hilarious.
  5. gets my vote. Usual media twisting stuff to suit their needs. The sea cadet in question should have had the courtesy to keep a private conversation with a member of the royal family private.
  6. Ah Polto; a seemingly byegone age, alas. In the days of Youtube, Facebook and all the other self publicising bollox, nobody seems able to keep their flapping gobs shut.

Top marks to HRH. I hope I'm fast enough to make such a "recovery" when (if) I'm his age.
  7. I seem to remember a survey carried out a few years ago revealed that a high percentage of British girls thought pole/lap dancing was the way forward in the career stakes, or was that just me and wishful thinkihg again?
    A reasonable question from a Naval Officer on a recce for that nights entertainment. :wink:
  8. Nice one Phil.

I hope he lives to be 200 so that we can enjoy such comments for years to come.
  9. I think I know the one you mean it was would you rather be a doctor or be a page 3 girl. Slappers got two thirds of the vote.
  10. I wonder if there is a facebook Phil The Greek Appreciation Society??

Be a sad day when he departs this earth.

Tell me Sir what do you think about Concorde being scrapped.

Thank God that damn noise has now gone!!

At an Indian business dinner at Buckingham Palace as guests lined up to meet him and the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, 88, looked at the name badge of businessman Atul Patel and said: 'There's a lot of your family in tonight.'

He said of Canada: "We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."

At the height of the recession in 1981 he said: "Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."

1. China State Visit, 1986
    If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.

2. To a blind woman with a guide dog
    “Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?â€

3. To an Aborigine in Australia
    “Do you still throw spears at each other?â€

4. To his wife, the Queen, after her coronation
    “Where did you get the hat?â€

5. When asked if he would like to visit the Soviet Union
    “The bastards murdered half my familyâ€

6. To a Briton in Budapest
    “You can’t have been here that long – you haven’t got a pot belly.â€

7. To a driving instructor in Scotland
    “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?â€
    Just paying the bills...

8. After the Dunblane shooting
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?â€

9. To a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea
    “You managed not to get eaten, then?â€

10. To Elton John after hearing Elton had sold his Gold Aston Martin
    “Oh, it’s you that owns that ghastly car – we often see it when driving to Windsor Castle.â€

11. On the London Traffic Debate
    “The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop tourism, we could stop the congestion.â€

12. To the President of Nigeria, dressed in traditional robes
    “You look like you’re ready for bed!â€

“If you see a man opening a car door for a woman, it means one of two things: it’s either a new woman or a new car!â€

14. On key problems facing Brazil
    “Brazilians live thereâ€

15. Tothe matron of a hospital in the Caribbean
    “You have mosquitos. I have the Pressâ€
  11. Legend! :D
  12. Yes there is - 'The Prince Phillip Appreciation Society'. Not as many quotes at you included though.
  13. Got to love Phil the Greek!
  14. Having met the bloke on several occasions, I can honestly say he is one of the nicest blokes I have ever met. Generally I think his so called 'gaffs' are just his attempt to crack a few jokes and put people at ease.

I was at a BBQ recently that he was a guest at and at one point I felt a tap at my shoulder, I turned around and it was him walking around with a tray of sausages and steaks offering them to people.

My favourite of his 'gaffs' has to be when Obama Barrack was here for the G20 conference, I think the conversation went something lime this:

Her Maj: So Mr Barrack, how are you enjoying England.

POTUS: Well we have had a great time, today we met the Chinese President, the Japanese President, the Indian President etc. etc.

Phil (visibly starting to crack up as he realises the opportunity for a joke): How on Earth could you tell which one was which?

POTUS and wife: Jaw dropped silence.
  15. Funny as fook Phil.
  16. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

The man is an absolute national treasure.
  17. He will always be my hero!

18. Looking at some of his other gaffs it leads me to one conclusion; the man is an ignorant buffoon and his missus should keep him on a tight leash.
  19. If you do not understand his humour it is you that is ignorant.