Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Packer Doing the London Marathon!

benhowarth27

Midshipman
I am sure this must have be posted previously but Just incase it has not. I will do so.

Just Thought i would make sure everyone is aware of this. It has been on the news/radio a fair bit over the last few days. But in case you missed it. I know there is a fair few people on here that have expressed their admiration or the armed forces and their support for Help for Heroes Charity.

Phil Packer

"From the original prognosis that I would never walk again, my injuries are improving to such an extent that I will be attempting to walk the 2009 Flora London Marathon. On Saturday 26th April, I will be joining 36,000 other competitors to complete the 26.2m circuit starting at Blackheath, South West London and finishing at St James’s Park on The Mall on Saturday 9th May. My attempt will take two weeks, walking the maximum I have been medically advised; just under two miles every day."

He is attempting to raise £1 million, please donate!

soleil

War Hero
Works OK for me too, now - didn't a few mins ago.

Am hoping to find Phil somewhere on his route early next week and walk along with him for a while.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nobby0919 Major Phil Packer Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS Remembrance Sunday 2019, Diego Suarez in Madagascar: Phil Boyle’s speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Opening of Seed Madagascar conference 2019: speech by Phil Boyle (French) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS WISH2ACTION project launches in Madagascar: speech by Dr Phil Boyle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Phil Beach CBE - A regulated approach to EQA MoD News 0
McGrew Oh dear - Phil's got his medals wrong The Fleet 20
dapperdunn Phil the Greek Current Affairs 9
W Phil Shiner - the best story ever featured on the D**** M*** Current Affairs 5
WreckerL Phil the Greek does it again. Diamond Lil's 22
F Phil Everly Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
AAF Phil the Greek back on form. Diamond Lil's 5
Blackrat Phil the Greek Diamond Lil's 39
soleil Pompey News: "On Board HMS Warrior For Katy And Phil’s Wedding" Bases / Shore Est 1
BillyNoMates "Phil-isms" Diamond Lil's 6
Joint_Force_Harrier Phil the Greek does it again!!! Current Affairs 88
F What's the joining process for doing PTI Direct entry and how long is the wait at the moment? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Climate change and water: Are we doing enough, fast enough? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding to support armed forces charities doing vital work during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Doing Well By Doing Good: How Business Can Tackle the Climate Emergency MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK rises to 8th on World Bank's ‘Ease of doing business’ index MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: London seminar: How is the criminal justice voluntary sector doing? (5 Dec, 2018) MoD News 0
O Do I have to wait a year for doing the wrong test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
TheLegend27 CCF cadet doing SCC courses SCC and URNU 2
S Re-Doing RT at Phase 2... BS? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Speech: New markets, new opportunities: doing business with Iran MoD News 0
Z Re doing fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Topstop Not exactly pullups but must take some doing Health & Fitness 1
MoD_RSS News story: Doing business in Russia and Ukraine: Sanctions latest MoD News 0
C POC/POAC anyone doing, running or have information on these? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
u04elw2 My own GP doing my medical?! Health & Fitness 2
soleil BBC News: "Royal Navy Pilot On Doing US Top Gun Training" The Fleet Air Arm 3
I Doing A levels or dropping out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Anyone doing tough mudder 2013? Sports and Adventure Training 1
G for anyone thats thinking of doing there motorbike test.. Motoring 13
Polto Doing the Hannibal trail Charity 3
trelawney126 Can't see Theresa May doing this Diamond Lil's 3
soleil The Register: "Electric Plane-Flinger For US And Royal Navies Doing Well" The Fleet Air Arm 15
S Better at doing it. Miscellaneous 0
Topstop Argies doing their thing The Fleet Air Arm 1
Topstop Royal, doing their thing, for charity Charity 0
Topstop WAFU`s doing their thing The Fleet Air Arm 53
J How much ironing preparation are you doing before joining raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
tommo Mighty Bulwark in Landan doing some snizzle vid The Fleet 0
trelawney126 What is the EU Advisor on The Middle East Doing ? Current Affairs 2
M Anybody doing their AIB on the 28th of this month?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
B Any one doing or done an advance driving course? Motoring 4
pussercdo David Blunket doing the Rubik cube Miscellaneous 0
soleil Guardian: "Never Assume The Military Knows What It's Doing" Current Affairs 1
S WTF are the Police doing? Current Affairs 20
J Doing HNC Aircraft Engineering at college while i wait.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7