Phase one: Beards

There seems to be conflicting or outdated advice about facial hair. As a 32 year old with a full set and smart beard, would I be permitted to keep my whiskers during my phase one training please?

What I would do if I were you, is join the RN, if/when you are told to shave your set off (for aforementioned respirator test) then shave it off, you can then put a request form in to stop shaving and grow another set, now that is not too difficult is it?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There seems to be conflicting or outdated advice about facial hair. As a 32 year old with a full set and smart beard, would I be permitted to keep my whiskers during my phase one training please?
No, unfortunately not.

You have to remove it during initial training. Beards are permitted after completing training.

I recently had to double-check this as there appeared to be an anomaly between training establishments, but this is no longer the case, I'm told - everyone has to remove their beard.

No, unfortunately not.

You have to remove it during initial training. Beards are permitted after completing training.

I recently had to double-check this as there appeared to be an anomaly between training establishments, but this is no longer the case, I'm told - everyone has to remove their beard.
What even the lady sailors?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
H RMR 14
TurboThreaders RMR 10