Phase 2

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by MrLuke, Dec 29, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello!

Am hopefully off to phase 2 in mid January. Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on whether a laptop or iPad would be best to be used or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It matters not. Some branches undergo computer based training during phase two but if it's needed to pass the course, the service provides the hardware.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you ninja!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Depending on how long your course is, you'll want a laptop/iPad for the evenings and weekends as they can get very... very.. boring.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. If you are finding courses are boring then I hope that your examination marks are up in the 90% region. Unless of course like me if the pass mark is 45% and you get 50% that is considered 5% wasted effort;)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. There's only so much revision you can do for a 10 question exam paper... Plus... You only need to get 70% on the health and safety exams! ;)
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

...unlike in real life where anything less than 100% results in a hurtie.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Yeah, I don't event doubt that. The civvie ex-greenie has some right horror stories, and I've now seen enough videos of it happening to never wanting to become a greenie!
  9. Must admit to seeing some horrific Stokie boy accidents, super heated steam is less forgiving than wiggly amps:(
  10. Well a 1amp belt is enough to scare me away!

That is also a little haunting to hear about, also how often it also happens (accidents in general that is). The amount of dits some killicks and PO's spin in the smoking shelter is quite surreal as well really!
  11. Problem with electricary occurs normally when people forget to treat it with the respect it demands.
    Rule 1. Remember Always carry out the relevant safety proceedures and you should be OK.
    Unfortunately there are very few sparkies who have not been bitten by the wiggly amps at some time or other.
    In fact i would say there are no sparkies who have not been bitten.
  12. Yeah, he explained that to us. More particularly, people find short cuts to doing things or just naturally get lazy and more relaxed at doing the same job.
    Problem is, as nasty as a 1amp belt would be, if 30A are going through, that's you knackered.