Phase 2 Training and spare time.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Hanzzimmer, May 4, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi lads, I've been given a date for Raleigh (Whoop!), 6th November! But anywhoo, I was wondering if there is enough free time during phase 2 Training (I'll be doing Aircraft engineering at Gosport) for sitting my practical car test and lessons?
    I live on an island in Scotland and simply can't afford to keep up the ferry and bus costs to get to my lessons.

Didn't really know where to post this but thanks anyway!

2. There will be times in the evenings however getting time off to do your test may be difficult. As suggestion maybe to wait until block leave and do it in one go (ferry and bus permitting)?

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Stay on base for part of your leave and do the lot then, should be a bit cheaper.

4. If you are not in Raleigh until Nov you wont be at Phase 2 until end Jan / Feb 2017.

Can you fit it in before Raleigh? That way its out the way and you don't have to worry.
    Then of course there's the rumour mill about Gosport examiners not liking matelots passing their driving test. I failed mine in Gosport before passing back home 3 months with an arm in plaster! (Ok it was 1978 but we still had cars!)

5. Failed my first one in Guzz, passed the next attempt in Gosport, no hill starts in DSC :)

6. Did my in Penzance (2nd one) on Market day, wasn't going anywhere in a hurry up the main drag!!! Passed it

1st one was exactly 2 year to the day (before), failed that by getting too close to a bin lorry. Had a front line Squadron in between and Outback 88 on the Ark.