Phase 2 Sultan Kit

Joining HMS Sultan for phase 2 as AET on 8th January, however haven't received a kit list. Does anyone know if I should take ALL my kit from phase 1? Including my ones?

Cheers

Seadog

War Hero
....and the pilot, crew and passengers of any aircraft you may one day service, maintain and repair would like you to put all the bits back in the aircraft. They all matter so don't leave any behind.

Take everything you were issued. When you get to sultan you’ll be issued more kit. When you join a ship you’ll get even more. How you store it with the space allocated will be up to you. If your phase 2 is anything like mine was, you will still get kit musters if it’s thought they’re required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You take all your kit with you every time you go on draft and you will get kit musters in Phase 2, and the lockers are bigger, but not much.

Where civvy clothing is concerned, if you can't carry it, don't take it. When I was a Phase 2 DO I lost count of how many came to see me complaining they had too much gear to carry and expecting pusser to pay for it to be sent on, they either had to ditch it (not issued kit) or sort it themselves.

Just a word of advice which you can ignore if you wish.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Seems rather remiss of the discharging or receiving unit not to brief those going on draft of the standard requirement to take all issued kit upon joining.

Likewise, when joining your first ship, a swept up Divisional Officer will send you a joining letter outlining your new job, a rough outline of the ship's programme and any additional kit beyond that already issued which maybe required (ie Tropics, DPM, etc)

In a paper bag marked 'left overs'.
Reminds me of a story:

A few years back I was on detachment at a rather "secure" airbase near a dry lake bed in Nevada ;)

The USAF chaps who watched us like hawks let a few a few stories slip over a few beers.

The French Air Force detached two brand new Mirage aircraft for a few weeks. In the middle of the Det the USAF made some excuse to close the site (normal as we had to leave lunch time Friday and only allowed back on Sunday Evening). When the French returned after a week in exile in Vegas they found their aircraft in the Hangar with a number of components on the floor next to them. The USAF has taken them apart, photographed them to death and re-built them (ish). The French were not happy at all :)

You take all your kit with you every time you go on draft and you will get kit musters in Phase 2, and the lockers are bigger, but not much.

Where civvy clothing is concerned, if you can't carry it, don't take it. When I was a Phase 2 DO I lost count of how many came to see me complaining they had too much gear to carry and expecting pusser to pay for it to be sent on, they either had to ditch it (not issued kit) or sort it themselves.

Just a word of advice which you can ignore if you wish.
I'll take the advice, last thing I want is to ditch my civvie clothing. Thanks wrecker.

Seems rather remiss of the discharging or receiving unit not to brief those going on draft of the standard requirement to take all issued kit upon joining.

Likewise, when joining your first ship, a swept up Divisional Officer will send you a joining letter outlining your new job, a rough outline of the ship's programme and any additional kit beyond that already issued which maybe required (ie Tropics, DPM, etc)
Yeah it's not great of HMS Raleigh, but oh well

you need to bring all your issued kit to sultan and some civi's, being a WAFUU your kit muster is more intense than those of us in the ME school. Locker wise you will most likely have one like the in the phot attached as a minimum.

Last edited:
you need to bring all your issued kit to sultan and some civi's, being a WAFUU your kit muster is more intense than those of us in the ME school. Locker wise you will most likely have one like the in the phot attached as a minimum.

Cheers, at least the beds look better than phase one. Are the kit musters in the same depth as phase 1? I.e. Are they **** about dust in pockets etc

I did 1 kit muster in phase 2. It was just to make sure that I had all the kit issued from phase 1. Wasn’t like the phase 1 kit musters at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the air school is particular on it, quite often you see AE’s walking over with kit to re inspect.

You’re not allowed off base until you complete a No1’s inspection (usually week1 Friday) completion of that allows you Cinderella leave (2359) then there’s a kit muster at the end of week 2 you have to pass to be allowed full leave (0700 and weekends)

Note if you’re under18 your leave expires at 2359 anyway which means you have to be back on the Sunday night