Phase 2 question

photface

Lantern Swinger
Excuse my stupidity haha but what’s a travel warrant ?

Travel warrants allow you to travel home from your unit a set number of times in the year, I think it used to be 12. You just go to the UPO and they will set it up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReggieBoy

Badgeman
Travel warrants allow you to travel home from your unit a set number of times in the year, I think it used to be 12. You just go to the UPO and they will set it up for you.

Thanks

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
As far as I know, I may be wrong. ET (MESM)...I'll look into that, but either way...
ET(MESM)'s do Phase 2 at Sultan (Gosport) and Plymouth to Portsmouth by road is roughly 4 hours. Plymouth to Glasgow by road is roughly 10 hours.

Bitter experience of both trips, many times :(

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won’t be entitled to warrants during phase 2. Warrants are applicable during phase one training (the allowance is called Get You Home (Early Years) and you’ll probably only qualify for one or two) or when you’re assigned to a sea-going Unit (or SLQU for the pedantic out there!) when you’ll be entitled to 10 per year pro rata. You will, however, qualify for another allowance during phase two, Get You Home (Travel), if you maintain your own property more than 50 miles from your place of work (you’re responsible for council tax and bills etc). This is paid with your normal wages. All will be explained at the start of your respective courses by your friendly UPO staff I’m sure ;)

Waspie

War Hero
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won’t be entitled to warrants during phase 2. Warrants are applicable during phase one training (the allowance is called Get You Home (Early Years) and you’ll probably only qualify for one or two) or when you’re assigned to a sea-going Unit (or SLQU for the pedantic out there!) when you’ll be entitled to 10 per year pro rata. You will, however, qualify for another allowance during phase two, Get You Home (Travel), if you maintain your own property more than 50 miles from your place of work (you’re responsible for council tax and bills etc). This is paid with your normal wages. All will be explained at the start of your respective courses by your friendly UPO staff I’m sure ;)

By heck, that's changed in the last 25 years!!!!!!:D
Would never have thought friendly would have been used for UPO staff.
The Navy's looking up.

photface

Lantern Swinger

Apologies, it has been a while since I have been in a position to even be eligible for a rail warrant so things must have changed :). Looks like a looong car journey for you! :D

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger

In my experience they’re not massively forthcoming with what you can get, unless you know how to work the system but there’s many ways to skin a cat and Get You Home is the most profitable traveling Glasgow to raleigh as you get paid for two return trips a month

Latest Threads