Phase 2 question

I’ll be doing my phase 2 training at hms Raleigh as I’ve applied to join the logistics branch

I know phase 2 is a bit more relaxed and you can go home at weekends but I was wondering at what time on the Friday are you allowed to leave ?, I’ll be leaving a wife and daughter at home so I was just trying to work out how often I’ll be able to get home during phase 2 (I currently live in Glasgow)

Also if anyone has done the commute between Raleigh and Glasgow, what’s the best way to do it ?

If anyone could give me any advice on this I’d much appreciate it

Thanks

I’ve no idea if you’ll finish at lunchtime on Friday or not, but for getting to Glasgow then a drive to Bristol and flight to Glasgow is probably the quickest/best way.

I’ll be doing my phase 2 training at hms Raleigh as I’ve applied to join the logistics branch

I know phase 2 is a bit more relaxed and you can go home at weekends but I was wondering at what time on the Friday are you allowed to leave ?, I’ll be leaving a wife and daughter at home so I was just trying to work out how often I’ll be able to get home during phase 2 (I currently live in Glasgow)

Also if anyone has done the commute between Raleigh and Glasgow, what’s the best way to do it ?

If anyone could give me any advice on this I’d much appreciate it

Thanks

I'm just about to go to Raleigh for Phase 1 from Glasgow, obviously I can't go home during that, but in Phase 2 I'll be making the long arduous journey by car when I do go back to sunny Loch Lomond.

I thought about driving but would probably be cheaper flying with the fuel you would use ha
Aye but by the looks of it, a drive from Raleigh to Exeter (not having a car with you) is a long time by bus - too long for me haha. I've a few mates who do the drive from Portsmouth in 6 and a half hours or so, so it's no much more i'd guess.

Aye but by the looks of it, a drive from Raleigh to Exeter (not having a car with you) is a long time by bus - too long for me haha. I've a few mates who do the drive from Portsmouth in 6 and a half hours or so, so it's no much more i'd guess.
6 and a half hours is ok

I thought it would be more, I’ll probably drive aswell then, that’s that sorted

Travel warrants allow you to travel home from your unit a set number of times in the year, I think it used to be 12. You just go to the UPO and they will set it up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travel warrants allow you to travel home from your unit a set number of times in the year, I think it used to be 12. You just go to the UPO and they will set it up for you.

Thanks

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won’t be entitled to warrants during phase 2. Warrants are applicable during phase one training (the allowance is called Get You Home (Early Years) and you’ll probably only qualify for one or two) or when you’re assigned to a sea-going Unit (or SLQU for the pedantic out there!) when you’ll be entitled to 10 per year pro rata. You will, however, qualify for another allowance during phase two, Get You Home (Travel), if you maintain your own property more than 50 miles from your place of work (you’re responsible for council tax and bills etc). This is paid with your normal wages. All will be explained at the start of your respective courses by your friendly UPO staff I’m sure ;)