Phase 2 Pushing Myself Physically...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by matthewpfc, Mar 19, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,
    I am currently doing phase 2 at Collingwood and consider myself resonably fit. I'm very keep to better myself as a person and would like to get super fit asap (At least to a RM standard). I'm curious if any of you lot know of any High-Intensity training programmes that i can have a try at to start the ball rolling. I'm not looking to transfer to the RM, I just want to get the best out of me and get up to a decent standard of fitness, and possibly if the oppertunity arrises in the future, challenging for a green berret.
    If any one has any good links, programmes or hints or tips, I would be very greatful for any replies here, or in my PM.
    Many Thanks,
  2. I thought pt 2 was where it all went downhill?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Haha! For some maybe. But I don't think I was pushed hard enough in phase 1 training, if anything my fitness declined! Phase 1 phys-wise was a breeze...
  4. Here's a mega idea, go to that big building on your base where people get sweaty and do sports and stuff.

There are people in there called Physical Training Instructors (PTIs for short).

Their job is to advise people on sports and activities available to them in the RN and keep them fit. As well as running various sporting activities, they conduct exactly the sort of high intensity training you are looking for in the form of circuits. These take place every single day, sometimes more than once.

They can also advise you on other types of high intensity training like Metafit etc.

How amazing is that?

Isn't the RN mega?
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Have you tired lunch time circuits. Everyday during the week. Plenty of explosive training.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Keeping fit on a shorebase is rather easier than on a ship due mainly to the range of facilities, clubs & societies immediately available either free or heavily subsidised. We like fitness, it's a good thing - especially if you can run faster than your enemies. (I mean to catch them, rather than the French way) .

At risk of being a party-pooper, whilst a green beret is theoretically achievable in the Naval Service, it's not always that practical to achieve as nothing is guaranteed in that respect. That said, being fit is a good starting point, joining the Royal Marines from the outset tends to increase the odds of a positive outcome, to around 50/50.
  7. OMM

OMM War Hero

Join field gun. I do it and it's a good workout every lunch time and 2 evenings a week.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Get a ****ing grip.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It appears that it has.
  10. Pushing yourself physically? Try pulling yourself physically.Much more fun.:jerk::rofl:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Brickwoods field gun will definitely get you fit,I did it at 38 the phys was great