Phase 2 marine engineer HMS Sultan

Lord Labrador

Midshipman
Though I cannot speak for others, I have to say it doesn't bother me too much. Hopefully I'll come out of phase 2 (provided I make it through the rest of the recruitment process) more skilled and better prepared for the job than I would otherwise have been. I imagine that it also gives you a bit more time to learn and understand what you're being taught too. It would be nice if they told us about the change though.

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
Must have not occurred to the Faraday bods to specifically clue in the recruiters to the change. Possibly they assumed that someone in the recruiting team somewhere would read the RNTMs about it all and disseminate it on downwards. ;);)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Must have not occurred to the Faraday bods to specifically clue in the recruiters to the change. Possibly they assumed that someone in the recruiting team somewhere would read the RNTMs about it all and disseminate it on downwards. ;);)
You'd have thought, eh?

The Branch Managers are responsible for updating and disseminating the content of the branch career publications, changes in their chosen entry standards & the RN website content with regard training pipeline information.

It's the same with the CIS branch - obviously people aren't talking somewhere.

Jay Jay 11

Badgeman
Thanks for posting the link NS I've been able to see my son doing actual work ......because all I hear about is PT, the pub and duty watch and not in that order

Lord Labrador

Midshipman
Ahh interesting. Good to see that it hasn't entirely slipped the minds of the navy to inform people about this somewhat massive change. You should have seen the shock on my interviewer's face when I said I'd heard about the new course, he obviously hadn't expected me to know about it.

Rachelthree

War Hero
Ahh interesting. Good to see that it hasn't entirely slipped the minds of the navy to inform people about this somewhat massive change. You should have seen the shock on my interviewer's face when I said I'd heard about the new course, he obviously hadn't expected me to know about it.

You would think if he was aware of the changes then he would have let you know as an applicant beforehand- be interesting to see what point they intend to let people know haha. It probably would be a draw for many people, extra training and extra time near to Emma's!

Latest Threads