Phase 2 leave

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jonny700, Mar 21, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand during phase 1 you do not come home (unless it overlaps with a leave period) but during phase 2 how often are you allowed to come home? Is it just Christmas, Easter, summer leave etc or do you get any weekends where you can go home?
    I'm annoyed I didn't ask this on my PRNC when I had the chance! But there you go.

Thank you

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It depends on the training establishment routine. They usually have fixed weekends off planned into the training schedule.

3. When kid was at Collingrad she was home every weekend if she wasnt doing a duty shift at the main desk or on drunk watch . She would leave at about 3 pm on friday and go back sunday late. Collingrad was prety desolate at weekends. As Ninja says, would depend on the establishment and course I guess. WE's are a lazy bunch so maybe she got off more weekends than most.

4. Thanks for the replies, really helpful!

One more question to save a new thread, are we allowed to bring our cars to phase 2 training? I'm going in as an AET if that's makes any difference at all.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

5. :banghead:

A plea!

Use the search facility, PLEASE - this comes up time and time again.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nothing over 1.1l is allowed if you're in phase 2.

Fleet Cinquecento's are available to rent for the duration of your course.

7. Yes you are, as long as it's a motorbike.