Phase 2 HMS Collingwood arrival dress code.

Just passed out of Raleigh and join Collingwood on Sunday. Wasn’t told about what we should bring (self explanatory) and what to arrive in.

Just wondering if there’s anywhere I can obtain joining information as we weren’t given any at Raleigh or if someone can just let me know what I should arrive dressed in. Casual civvies or suit...

Thanks.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
Just passed out of Raleigh and join Collingwood on Sunday. Wasn’t told about what we should bring (self explanatory) and what to arrive in.

Just wondering if there’s anywhere I can obtain joining information as we weren’t given any at Raleigh or if someone can just let me know what I should arrive dressed in. Casual civvies or suit...

Thanks.
Hmmm. If you Pm me your email address, I’ll send you the letter and you can distribute it accordingly. Out of curiosity, which branch are you?

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
The P2 accommodation is about as far from the main gate as its possible to get. On arrival be sure to ask for the DPO (Duty Porterage Officer). He/she will be delighted to carry your travel trunks to your cabin.

You see, they kept saying Raleigh was not like the real navy.....

Am I helping?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Crash and easier way would be to fall them all in, tell them that lying is a dismissable offence then give the command " Username9999 on pace forward march". ;)

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
When travelling to VS, you are to join wearing smart civilian clothes, i.e. collared shirt and trousers for males, smart skirt/trousers and top for females. You are to arrive no later than 2000 on the Sunday you join and should therefore leave home in plenty of time to get to CWD by this time. The security staff at the Main Gate will be expecting you and will direct you to Bryson Hall. On the date of your arrival if you are delayed and expect not to arrive by 2000 you are contact VS Admin Office on: 01329 333944.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
You are to ensure that you bring the following items with you:
  1. All uniform including No1s.
  2. Civilian Bedding if you have it. (Military bedding will be issued upon arrival and this is generally used for formal rounds).
  3. NGT folder.
  4. PDR folder (containing all educational certificates) – This will be required during functional skills.
  5. JPA Password – Issued at HMS RALEIGH.
On your arrival at Bryson Hall a member of the Duty VS Staff will issue you with your bedding, locker key, joining pack and show you to your accommodation. You will then get changed into your RNPCS uniform before mustering in Inglefield Presentation room to commence your Joining Induction.

PAYD meals are available in Howe Building, dinner is served on a Sunday night between 1645 and 1800, if you wish to eat on-board you will need to arrive prior to 1800. You will not be allowed to proceed back ashore on your day of arrival therefore if you do not intend to eat on-board you are to make suitable alternative arrangements i.e. a packed dinner.