Phase 2-Aet

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JJJ, Dec 2, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JJJ

JJJ Midshipman

Worried about my phase 2 exams as an AET i did the psychometric test had a high score.I picked AET after advice from friends and the careers office but have recently read on this site that it is possible to be discharged. If i fail the exams just wondering if i am failing but still giving 100% percent but i just cannot pass a certain exam will i be able to change branch or is it a discharge.

2. Dont worry, the staff at Sultan will help you all they can.

3. What is it that you are having problems with?
    If you know ask the staff for extra tuition, if you don't know ask the staff if they can identify your weaknesses and then give you extra tuition.
    many years ago there used to be dog watch instruction, is this still available?

4. JJJ

JJJ Midshipman

I should have made it clear I am just about to start phase 1 but before I start I am just worried about passing phase 1 and then being discharged at phase 2.

5. FFS worry about phase 2 when you have completed phase 1.
    You are probably worrying for no reason, RN instruction is extremely good and designed to help people pass not fail

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dont tell him/her about being a Pt 4 trainee on a squadron, it will tip him/her over the edge :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The psychometric test for any given branch is to test the individual's intellectual capacity to successfully complete phase two training.

What it cannot foresee or predict is the mental maturity of the individual, their ability to absorb information, retain it & recall it - hence the exams.

In my experience, the reason people fail exams in phase two training is because they didn't have the mental maturity to revise, choosing instead to get pissed at the Sultan Bop.

8. We old farts were protected from getting pissed up at the Sultan bop when we were trainees.
    All we had was the Eagle club at Daedalus, not the most welcoming of places. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. At least it was Stoker free ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

True, Daedalus was more of a loss, when it closed, to the General Service than the Fleet Air Arm :)

• Like Like x 3