Phase 1 passed...

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by DavidK1983, Feb 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Refuse to put this in the Newbie forum out of principle...!

Passed out of phase 1 yesterday - without doubt the greatest day of my life so far. it was a tough 9 weeks (stand fast xmas leave) - but getting the family watching my class (with lead guard!) march up those steps was unreal...

next step Hawke for a week the onto the Submariner school on the 15th for the next step in the best career choice i ever made!

2. what trade..?

3. Well done, thats the First Box Ticked..... :D

Of all of those Boxes, The best one to tick off is the final one; when the First Pension Payment has been safely lodged in your bank. :wink:

So just hang on in there, younker, because it'll fly by so fast you'll wonder where it all went. :roll:

4. Well done! Congratulations!

Very pleased to hear this.

You will have to be included on future RN Careers Posters, saying:

"Best Career Choice I ever made!

5. Soleil, quote away my friend, its a statement that i stand by!

Funky - CISSM.

6. Good to hear from a very happy Bunny :wink:

7. I don't know about fleet boats, but if you end up on bombers you will have the most overmanned compartmetn onboard! So many of the CISSM on board to do so little! It seems to be a good branch on bombers. Good luck and well done!

8. Congrats and good luck for the future x

9. Thanks Jenny! Looking foward to it all!

I'm aiming for T boats so I can get a little more travel in. I've been speaking to as many submariners as possible about it - and it seems to be the way to go.

10. Yeh, bombers are the 'married mans' boat, allot more structure and stability but if you want some runs abroad go for it on fleet boats, go A boats if you can, they will have some major jolly's coming up.

11. mate..do all you can to get on fleet boats...

live a life a little..do some interesting OPs....get one or two jollies in and actually be good at your job before you try out bombers

12. What the last 3 said. Fleet is best.

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

DBF - sorry they've all been de-commisioned and sold off now.