Phalanx operators

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by icantfly, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone has taken this one up, and if so, any chance of a run-down on the training and the actual tour.. what to expect etc

2. Mate, stand-by for the OPSEC police to crack down heavily on this. Despite the fact that most al-Basri's are fully aware of the existence of the project!

3. Icantfly,
    PM inbound with my email. I have the details and can brief you.
    However this is NOT open to Sea(Res) Ratings as our main effort is based on other tasking.
    SO2Seaman

4. No worries.. That's why I didn't mention location names or anything..

5. OPSEC police indeed. I once referred to this very subject in a way not as obvious as this thread and it was pulled immediately. Even though it's in the public domain...

6. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Bloody hell they need to look at the safety trace for that weapon, I think it might be overriding the blocks..........

7. I'd be terrified to be using a frisbee anywhere near that thing, in case it flashed up and pointed at you, like that thing from Robocop ("You have 10 seconds to comply" etc etc).
    I'm off for a lie down :rambo:

8. SO2Seaman - please could you send me the details / briefing. I'd like to know what to expect!! Thanks

9. PM inbound

10. Higs Utube is not real just computer generated pics, point it where you like it wil never hurt a soul. The next film is the real McCoy and it hardly moves.

Nutty

11. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Maybe I should have put a smiley on my post. ;-)

Besides 20mm is for small boys. Man up and go 30mm Goalkeeper.

12. Iwas merely trying to make the point, ` Why can Phalanx , not be discussed on here?` Is it so secret, there really are people on here that need to get a grip. Anyone that doesn`t like that statement, answers on a Postcard to someone who cares.

13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

So what is your point?

It is an OPSEC issue; that capability is in place and the insurgents are well aware, but that doesn't mean people can go blabbering on about it as even the slighest detail disclosed in error may assist them, they are perhaps, slightly more sophisticated than you may believe.

14. Phalanx....could have done with a couple of them puppies in '82!!! :thumright: :w00t:

15. Sorry to go off topic

Stripey_G That's a hoofing Avatar!!!!! (I love cats by the way, before the RSPCA start sending me hate mail!)

16. ...back on topic...I could have been holding a Phalanx to the cat's head, but I like cats also, so the Magnum is good enough!!! :thumright:

17. This one is though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAaZnALTYc

18. All,

I've got a question regarding deployment opportunities operating Phalanx's - but given the sensitivity on this thread, can someone in the know PM me to start the ball rolling?

19. If you are a qualified Phalanx Operator you could do a lot worse than volunteer for a draft a RFANSU if it still exists. It is possibly the biggest doss that you could find in the Mob. Single man cabins, top scran, not a lot of sea time due to budget / engineering snags etc. No watch keeping and best of all 3 - 6 months harmony time a year at the draft of your chosing (within reason).