Petrol Saving Initiative

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Greendeath, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brown wants us to cut the amount of petrol we use......

The best way to stop using so much petrol is to deport 3 million illegal immigrants!

That would be 3 million less people using our petrol. The price of petrol would come down.....

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Channel....

When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the Channel, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq .

Tell him if he wants to come to Britain then he must serve a tour in the military....

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.....

After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.....

He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal resident..... .

This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.. .....

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.....

Problem solved.....

Anyone got any similar or better ideas for this issue?

Cheers

Steve

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

A lot of these illigal immigrants have already served in Iraq and Afganistan, just not on our side.

Brown is already forcing people to use less petrol...we cant afford to, it's taxed to the hilt, oil is mega bucks a barrel and the treasury and the oil companies are raking it in.

3. I'll drink to that, GD :rambo:

4. ever though about career in politics? you've got my vote.

5. The question is, would you trust one or more of them in your Unit?

6. They wouldn't be in our Unit. They'd be in there own. i.e.

The Illegals Brigade.

Of course, during their tour, their citizenship would be PENDING!!

Cheers

GD

7. Good thought however if you deport the 3 million illlegals how is Fat Gord and his happy band of pilgrims going to make up the deficite of the every widening national debt that he tries to reduce by hiking up the price of a gallon every chance he gets?

It stikes me that with all the brains in this country we cannot get away from using fossil fuels to get about. I'm sure they could come up with some grenner alternative like nuclear powered cars!

8. And there is a Tax increase of 2p per ltr in April.

9. wet_blobby

I know! the haulage companies are lobbying Darling but in my humble opinion that's a waste of time. The country and Govt are fcuked finacially due to browns incompetence as a chancellor so they need to raise more taxes so the planned rise will happen.

I was working for a haulage company delivering to a chain of supermarkets yesterday, they have 60 cabs, on avarage the cabs do 2.4 runs a day (different drivers obviously) the average amount of fuel put in at the end of every run is 100 litres, (I wont mention the fridge trailers, they can use red deisel..normally 10 litres a run)

The mathamaticians amongst us can work out the figures, but that's a fcuk load of money and people wonder why the price of food is rising.......

10. Are the Ghurkas now allowed to stay after their time???

Now they are people that should theyve done more than their bit for us :thumright: :thumright:

11. I think the rules were amended in light of Mr Pun VC. If they have served four years or more the are entitled to APPLY to stay in the UK, it is expected most would be allowed citizenship.

If I remember correctly, this is not retrospective to those who left before 1997 - something of a kick in the slats to Gurkhas, some of our bravest and most professional soldiers.

12. wet_blobby

There are quite a few ghurka type chappies doing security around the country for various different big companies.....I wouldn't fcuk with them. :whew:

13. There is a way to cut the cost of petrol, if not the use, and it's perfectly legal too. I saw this idea on the net some time ago and that is that everyone in the country boycotts all but one or two suppliers. This makes the others have to cut their prices in order to sell their stock, thus creating a price war.