Petiton to reinstate Military Hospitals

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by andym, May 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please sign the Petiton to reinstate Military Hospitals.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Bring back dedicated military hospitals and provide adequate facilities (non NHS) for members of the Armed Forces who are injured or disabled in the course of their duties

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Forces-Hospitals/

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It'll never happen mate, might as well petition for free servicemens brothels and a compulsorary blowjob every tuesday 3 times a month. :(

3. OK andy, signed up.

4. Duly signed!

5. Signed Andy

6. Oi!! WB you'd have me up the duff, well soon????
    Sorry, washing maching starting beating :)

7. And signed as well Andy xx

8. Hate to say it but military hospitals are a thing of the past they are just to expensive to run. Look what Military doctors get paid! To have all the specialities that would be needed would get stupidly expensive.

That said military wards which are staffed by military "house" docs and nurses located separate buildings on the hospital "campus" to twh rest of the NHS hospital, but able to draw on labs specalists etc are to me a great idea which should be backed and perfected to the hilt.

Just the thoughts of a soon to be officer cadet so treat accordingly !

9. Have signed... little hope though... :(

10. Signed.

Bring back Netley!! Best draft I was ever sent to!! :oops:

11. "Save Lives - close Haslar", a rather amusing quote I heard from a MOD Police Superintendent in Pompey Naval base a few years ago. On a more serious note Military Hospitals, rightly or wrongly, are now a thing of the past and will not be re-instated.

12. Where do we sign ?

13. I was only discussing this subject on Sunday afternoon.

This is just simply a WIN WIN situation if they did re-instate military hospitals.

At the end of the day armed forces nurses would have actual jobs in proper military hospitals, meaning that their jobs currently in the civvy hospitals can be given back to civvy nurses.

Also with armed forces nurses going back to work in military hospitals they then cant be SHAT on by civvy nurses who made every QARNN, PRMS and QARN's (who worked in a civvy hospital) duty over xmas. Why? So that they're department didnt have to pay their civvy staff extra wages with Agenda for Change and basically gave their team a cheers easy-Xmas off!

Patients that come back from Iraq, Afghan or what ever can then be in a proper military bed instead of being placed next to an elderly person who just wants to chit chat or what ever when that poor solider, sailor or airman has probably just suffered major trauma both physically and psychologically and just either wants to be by themselves or with people that understand what they are going through / have expereinced.

Im DEFINATELY ALL FOR THIS. Come on everybody lets gets signing NOW!

14. Further to my last post, if they are on about shutting down Haslar (which theyve been on about since i joined the navy back in 1998!) and other military hospitals why dont they take the staff and equipment from these soon to be derelict places and make 1 brand new military hospital near Brize (as thatll be near where all the poorlys get flown into), so not only with there be the staff to run the hospital but also the equipment!

15. signed it

16. I've signed it because we need a fresh look at medical provision and NHS hospitals with military wings would be a fine idea - not too expensive to set up and would give the pseudo-isolation that those injured in conflict need.

Unfortunately, the f*ckwits at the top would lose too much face if any return to Service provided medical care is contemplated, so I'm afraid - forget it!

17. Agreed or if not Brize why not one of the other closed bases. Isnt Lyneham due to be closed in the coming future in favour of Brize so wouldnt that be an alternative ???

18. [I so agree CrystalTips.... as a QARNN myself, have had the dubious honour of manning several wards while everyone else gets bank holidays, public holidays, weekends, nights, christmas, Hanukkah, labour day, thanksgiving, and every other obscure holiday off.... thankfully now working in ITU where they have a rota system of one christmas on, the next off.... but it's still crap. I did work in Haslar, lovely place, shame to watch it get changed into luxury flats but that's the future you can count on it! Meanwhile we're all shipped over to the luxury that is QA.... less said about that the better. x

quote="CRYSTALTIPS"]I was only discussing this subject on Sunday afternoon.

This is just simply a WIN WIN situation if they did re-instate military hospitals.

At the end of the day armed forces nurses would have actual jobs in proper military hospitals, meaning that their jobs currently in the civvy hospitals can be given back to civvy nurses.

Also with armed forces nurses going back to work in military hospitals they then cant be SHAT on by civvy nurses who made every QARNN, PRMS and QARN's (who worked in a civvy hospital) duty over xmas. Why? So that they're department didnt have to pay their civvy staff extra wages with Agenda for Change and basically gave their team a cheers easy-Xmas off!

Patients that come back from Iraq, Afghan or what ever can then be in a proper military bed instead of being placed next to an elderly person who just wants to chit chat or what ever when that poor solider, sailor or airman has probably just suffered major trauma both physically and psychologically and just either wants to be by themselves or with people that understand what they are going through / have expereinced.

Im DEFINATELY ALL FOR THIS. Come on everybody lets gets signing NOW![/quote]

19. The destruction of RNH's is down to the need to make money out of selling off the defence estates: look how much they made out of selling off Stonehouse in Guzz: try telling them now at Derriford that you're ex-Navy, and you get the response " are you special then ?". Blame the politicians - but they're all on private health schemes.aren't they ?

20. I believe alot of the poorlies are now being flown straight into Birmingham international due to the close proximity of smellyfolk, sorry, i mean sellyoak.