Petition to stop dredging at Goodwin Sands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Polto, Jul 11, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Signed and shared to FB

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have had a request from the originator of the petition. If anyone has any information, other than what can be found through a basic google search about this area of the sands and its connection with U12 could you please post it here so that I can forward it on?

Many thanks.

4. Seeing as it's you, me old dhoby bucket, signed :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I signed and got a thank you back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Done and Facebook. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Signed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Signed

• Like Like x 1
  9. Signed and snotgram sent to Marine Management.

• Like Like x 1
  10. done, ups that may be the second time I have signed it, as I am on the 38deg list, but it would have been from home account and different post code?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dun.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Done, please more of you sign, apart from the wildlife, fish etc, it is also a War Grave.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Signed

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thoughtless dredging is bad news. The south Devon village of Hallsands was lost to the sea many years ago due to dredging off Start Point to supply aggregate to Devonport Dockyard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ladies and Gents....many thanks for you efforts, signings and sharings etc.
    Please see below for a message from the petition coordinator re the final 24 hours:
    Dear Supporters,

Although we intend to keep the petiton running to reach our target of 10,000 (and therefore a Government response) the public consultation period for the dredging application licence ends tomorrow Wednesday 20th July.

Please could you use this last 24 hours to spread the word as far and wide as you can. Every extra signature will help show the Marine Management Organisation the high level of national public concern about the environmental damage caused by dredging in general and to the Goodwin Sands in particular.

Thank you all for your fantastic support of this campaign. We will let you know the outcome of the MMO's decision which should be sometime in September.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/goodwin-sands-sos-stop-the-dredge

Many thanks.

Joanna Thomson

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  16. signed

• Like Like x 1
  17. signed

• Like Like x 1
  18. Signed. Sorry that have just noticed this appeal so late. Support anything to protect wrecks and the habitat of seals. Have sent a tweet on twitter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Would be great to have an update placed here. Anything else can be done at present, or are we waiting for September ?
    Found a fascinating article on the Goodwin Sands on the Bygone Kent website.
    http://bygonekent.org.uk/article/a walk-sands