Petition to get terrorist support groups banned

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Jenny_Dabber, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Please see the below petition and sign if you wish :wink:

2. Done that. Fully agree with you.
    Well done. :wink:

3. One of the admirable things about our democracy is freedom of expression (other than incitement to violence) which has already suffered more than enough encroachment under the present government. I'm not going to let a minority of rabid nutters change my views or lead to bans which could be manipulated to stifle justified protest. Better to let the authorities monitor them and, if necessary, counter them instead of driving them underground. It also means they can be subjected to the full scorn and ridicule they deserve.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, 'cos we all know how successful those 10 Downing Street e-petions are... :roll:

5. Have to agree there, there's millions of these things doing the rounds at the moment and I don't know of one that has made a scratch.

I'm setting myself up for incoming here but then I've never given a fcuk before so I'm not arsed. The thing about living in a democracy is that we neither censor nor withdraw somebody's right to say or support what they like. If we are to restrict the voice given even to things as disagreeable as terrorist groups or anti-forces protestors then we are in danger of becoming hypocrites.

Like it or not, the freedom we all enjoy is down to the fact that you can all say, and pretty much do as you like, to silence or ban something we don't like is a dangerous path to begin down. If you can't see that then you don't fully understand democracy.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MLP: Careful there - you almost sounded sensible! :shock: :wink:

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Why doesn't someone with face book start a " support the supporters against supporters of terrorist supporters scum" group. It's even got a catchy name.

Petition No 10? You've got more chance of getting a blowjob of Michelle Obama than anyone taking any notice.

8. Did I? Fcuk, in that case sign it, and get those fcukin beardy wongtards out of our country, and the RIA paddy whatevers.

9. Gies a tip WB...how do I petition Michelle Obama?

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

11. Putmy monogram on :D

12. I agree these groups should be silenced .... or more silent than they currently are but like others above I feel that by taking this first step we could irrevocably damage the freedoms of other groups who are justified in their lawful protests.

SF

13. We should be very careful what we wish for. This is the sort of thing that could very easily turn round and bite us in the a**e.

For that reason, it won't be getting my name near it.

14. I won't be signing it. We cannot live in a democracy then silence those with whom we do not agree. Silencing them does not make them go away and, in fact, will only increase their anger and disaffection. Instead of trying to "silence" them - which smacks of sheer moral cowardice, by the way - engage with them and bring them round to your point of view. Let them have they say and consequently let them discredit themselves.

15. Practice what you preach then hypocrite.

16. Care to elaborate you total spastic?

17. If i was a spastic how the fcuk would i do things like field gun /box /powerlifting you thick peado

18. Still can't spell though!!!

Mlaarrrrrrrrrrrr