Petition for Indulgence Flight for Vets to the Falklands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Hydra_Joe, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please sign the Downing Street Petition to the Prime Minister to allow Falkland Veterans returning to the Islands to bury their ghosts to do so at Indulgence Rates on the MOD Trooping Flights:-

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Falklandflights/

At present, these flights operate with many empty seats. Dependants of Service Personnel that are posted to the Islands can fly home to UK to have their Hair Done for £60. The cost of the Flight to a Veteran (or the Charity that funds them) is approx £1,200. For many Veterans this trip helps them to bury their Ghosts, relieve their suffering and get on with their lives.

2. Done m8 , Goverment shit em

3. Sam has signed it,,, but would it be too much to ask the guy who wrote the petition to at least use spell check? Quite disgraceful to read such appalling spelling,,, assuming he isn't a janner!

4. Sorry I have no control over that, I merely posted the petition for the author who seems to have initiated it in haste. I am not sure if an author of a Petition can go back in and edit for spelling and grammar. I agree, it doesn't inspire confidence in the petition, but too late to do anything about it now, as to start another one would probably not be allowed by the Downing Street Website and be counterproductive.

SO PLEASE EVERYONE SIGN THIS PETITION!!

5. My son and his wife were here so I got four to more for you.

6. Just did..

Well done for bringing this to everyones attention

7. done.

8. Done.

9. done as is the Gurkha 1

10. signed......[​IMG]

11. Signed :salut:

12. Slightly off topic but! Does the RAF still have pax carrying aircraft capable of such a flight?
    The VC10's must be getting seriously creaky by now, have they been replaced?

13. Signed, hope it helps

14. If this gets off the ground, excuse the pun will similar flights in the future take in Kabul and Basra?

15. Done thanks for bring it to my (our) attention - abientot