Peter Mandelson

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, Jan 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone enlighten me as to how in a supposedly democratic country someone who resigned from the commons under a cloud is promoted to the Lords and given an extremely powerful position? :evil:

2. He probably slept with Gordon :roll:

3. Just take a wild stab in the dark, it would probably be right.

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't see why a mere stink of dishonesty should disqualify a Labour politician from advancement. It would see to me to be a qualification instead. In a sane world Lord Mandelbum would be lucky to get a job cleaning the heads somewhere.

5. Eff Off,this job is taken

6. He`s a very honest and principled person, he has proven his worth in the European Parliament, just because he is a raving Knob Jockey and as bent as a Banana is no need to mock him. Thingy is probably one of his fans.

This is not my honest opinion, the Devil made me do it.

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

He knows where the bodies are buried.

MP's get big payoffs when they get sacked, that mandybum has been sacked a few times, how much has he made out of being a useless, dishonest cnut?

8. The Princess of Darkness

9. Well loved in the Republic for the way he told Europe we must eat more South American beef!! :pukeright:

10. Maybe to keep the Tory ex public school boys in the lords happy :p

11. Even Tory ex-public school boys have standards...and he's way below them.
    He is an excellent example of a modern Labour politician,....brass faced,dishonest and gay.......and we trust him and his fellow travellers to run this country?

12. You must be thinking of Lord Brass Faced Jeffrey"con-party"Archer now did he do 2 years porridge or was it 3.

13. From recent reports on the activities of Labour Peers in changing laws for cash, it would appear the prince of darkness should be quite at home there.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The difference being of course that Archer was jailed when caught out

15. So the fact that Archer was jailed proves that they have standards.
    I've no doubt that Mandelson would join him if he committed a similar offence.
    I have no side as far as politics are concerned my point is no one party has a monopoly of standards or morals. :wink:

16. janner

Mandelson was lucky not to have been prosecuted for his mortgage fiddles, you or I would have been.

17. Well if you feel strongly enough about it you could always try taking a private prosecution out against him, good luck :lol:

18. Hmm; I wonder how much that would cost and I wonder who would run out of money first?

19. janner

We could always have a whip around....probably excite a few

20. You may get some takers but as Loggie says who's going to back off first.
    A nice thought none the less. :roll: