Peru refuses Montrose.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by EarlyChop, Mar 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If memory serves me correctly Argentina formed a South American pact not too long ago.

I dare say this will be the tip of the ice berg as far as visits to S America by the Navies finest.

2. Boverred ?

3. The only good thing to come out of Peru is Paddington Bear.
    About sums it up.

4. As if Peru is some big deal !

5. I bet the lads are threaders - "D'you hear there? Leave.....your civvies in your locker!"

• Like Like x 2
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Boycott Marmalade!!!

That'll learn them and their bears.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Quite a number of aid agencies/charities pouring money into the country so it would be consistent if they were to refuse all aid and monies from the UK, charities and/or government. In the massive earthquake of 2007 they held out their hands. Ah! Money talks. Just saying, like. :D

8. And chang.

Don't forget the chang.

9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My understanding is that the Peruvians were about to ask us to pull the visit so that relations would be maintained, and as a measure to maintain regional dynamics, however the Peruvian Foreign Minister jumped the gun. The Peruvian press etc is all over him for kowtowing to Argie pressure, there is bad feeling between the countries as Argentina sold weapons to Ecuador during the scuffle between them in 95, despite being one of the 4 nations who stepped in to broker peace. Tye Minister is one of the few left wing members of a majority right wing cabinet....for now.

10. It will get to the stage were the Falkland islands are going to have to have their own country pretty soon. It seems the whole of south america is on the side of the argies over this issue even america being 2 faced calling the islands las malvinas the damn puta. Geographically it would be wise for the falklands to gain indepedence Because the UK is too far away this is to the argies advantage as they can block ships with falklands flags on them all they like.

11. Can we deport all those bowler hat wearing twats who infest shopping centres with their pan pipes? And deport all Llama's as well while we're at it.

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

13. Are you suggesting the UK cedes the Falklands against the will of the Islanders? Not very democratic, is it?

14. No i didnt suggest that, what i suggested was the falkland islanders will get so fed up of argentina and all the other south american countries who are on the side of argentina that they will eventually want their own country. Even if they do go seperate they will still be part of the British family of commonwealth nations and have nothing to do with argentina, only have to trade with argentina and not be run by it.

15. Hope the lads get a bonus, run ashore somewhere. Where the rum flows freely,and nice sandy beaches!!!!!

16. RDMT: Why would Argentina want to trade with the Falklands after they get independence and not before?

17. LOL trade?? there's only 3000 people there! Why would they give a **** about trade.. unless you mean oil :p

18. Because they would be in the south american equivelent of the european union and would have to trade with them whether they liked it or not.

19. were are they going to get the basics to live on and to survive? they would have to trade with neighbouring countries.