Personal Statement and CV

TheMau5e

Midshipman
Hello all,

I am joining the FAA as a pilot officer and was wandering what my personal statement should look like.
How long it should be?
What should include?

Any help would be much appreciated,

TheMau5e

If you are joining and have already been accepted then you should already have submitted a personal statement!

Otherwise you are applying to be a pilot officer and wish for advice on your method statement.

Which one is it?

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
No matter what you write check your spelling (wandering/wondering) or you'll end up flying a (marlin/merlin)

Statements need to be short, snappy, eye catching, ambitious. There's quite a few out there on google, nothing wrong with obtaining ideas off the web, call it initiative. Good luck.

TheMau5e

Midshipman
If you are joining and have already been accepted then you should already have submitted a personal statement!
When i first applied a personal statement was never requested, now im about to take my medical and if that works out im hoping to attend AIB in the spring. Since I haven't been asked to give one, i was wondering whether it was to be handed in just prior to AIB?

Seadog

War Hero
I am joining the FAA as a pilot officer
Not sure of what your trying to achieve? Was it supposed to be provocative?
Yes I may have failed FATs but im still going forth with the role. Although I am waiting a year to retake.
You are not joining, you are not "going forth with the role", you are hoping to reapply/resit. At some point you may be joining but that point doesn't appear to be now.

What am I hoping to achieve? I am managing expectations.

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
I managed to get to AIB for warfare officer, but no one ever mentioned "personal statement" - has someone definitely told you that you need to write one for aircrew?

TheMau5e

Midshipman
You are not joining, you are not "going forth with the role", you are hoping to reapply/resit. At some point you may be joining but that point doesn't appear to be now.

What am I hoping to achieve? I am managing expectations.
Respectively sir, I came to this forum to ask for advice, not to argue or banter, there is a time and a place and when someone asks for reasonable advice it is not the time

Regards,

TheMau5e

Seadog

War Hero
Respectively sir, I came to this forum to ask for advice, not to argue or banter, there is a time and a place and when someone asks for reasonable advice it is not the time

Regards,

TheMau5e
I'm usually among the first of the moderators to stomp on disruptive posts in recruitment threads.

This thread is different, you are making unreasonable, nae, fallacious claims for yourself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Adult personal social services: revenue funding 2020 to 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kenya: call for bids for personal protective equipment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guidance published for Small-Scale Manufacturers of COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR makes second donation of personal protective equipment to fight COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New personal protective equipment (PPE) guidance for NHS teams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS French personal travel waiver certificate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 100,000 more people to be given personal health budgets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Confronting cyber threats to businesses and personal data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Personal Injury Discount Rate in Scotland – Government Actuary’s report MoD News 0
B Concerns about Personal Political Opinions Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS Government to consult on reducing personal water consumption MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The ‘Personal Injury Discount Rate’ – the Government Actuary’s advice to the Lord Chancellor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Chancellor announces new discount rate for personal injury claims MoD News 0
P POV Personal Liability Insurance Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Press release: 'Designing out' cyber threats to businesses and personal data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Universal Credit: personal welfare MoD News 0
G Personal Pension Finance & Pensions 5
MoD_RSS News story: Updating personal details whilst an application is in progress MoD News 0
C Can't edit personal details on Navy application form. Joining the Royal Navy 1
M Personal first aid kit list? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D What personal possessions am I allowed Submariners 20
B 17 year old wanting to be a personal logistician Joining the Royal Navy 6
DemobJob ** PERSONAL ASSISTANT NEEDED - BRISTOL - £100 per day ** The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
M Personal belongings on ship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
J At a loss - please help... looking for Navy personal in Norfolk... Nearest & Dearest 4
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Trainee Personal trainer/ Fitness Instructor The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Personal Fitness Instructor The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
E Personal Preference on Ship Type Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Trainee Personal trainer/ Fitness Instructor The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Personal trainer vacancy The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C Personal Development Course at Ghyll Head Queries Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Personal Assistant The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: PERSONAL TRAINER VACANCY The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil "RMs Donate Personal Objects From Afghanistan For Imperial War Museum Display" The Corps 0
B Joined a gym getting a personal plan, little help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
sgtpepperband Personal Information Protection Toolkit The Quarterdeck 1
firstascent Personal transport for newbies Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
JonnoJonno Personal Security Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
InvestorX Thread is going nowhere - turning into personal attacks The Corps 8
D Personal Referees Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Newbie advice please- taking personal kit to basic? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
F Govt loses MORE personal computer details...... Muppets Current Affairs 9
brazenhussy Census form gets personal Current Affairs 6
electric_chef Personal history Submariners 3
ali_p Jennys personal website for active matelots and plebs: Diamond Lil's 26
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the 64th International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WIPO General Assembly on behalf of Group B countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E3 Foreign Ministers' Statement: 20 September 2020 MoD News 0