Personal Statement and CV

Hello all,

I am joining the FAA as a pilot officer and was wandering what my personal statement should look like.
How long it should be?
What should include?

Any help would be much appreciated,

TheMau5e

If you are joining and have already been accepted then you should already have submitted a personal statement!

Otherwise you are applying to be a pilot officer and wish for advice on your method statement.

Which one is it?

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
No matter what you write check your spelling (wandering/wondering) or you'll end up flying a (marlin/merlin)

Statements need to be short, snappy, eye catching, ambitious. There's quite a few out there on google, nothing wrong with obtaining ideas off the web, call it initiative. Good luck.

If you are joining and have already been accepted then you should already have submitted a personal statement!
When i first applied a personal statement was never requested, now im about to take my medical and if that works out im hoping to attend AIB in the spring. Since I haven't been asked to give one, i was wondering whether it was to be handed in just prior to AIB?

Seadog

War Hero
I am joining the FAA as a pilot officer
Not sure of what your trying to achieve? Was it supposed to be provocative?
Yes I may have failed FATs but im still going forth with the role. Although I am waiting a year to retake.
You are not joining, you are not "going forth with the role", you are hoping to reapply/resit. At some point you may be joining but that point doesn't appear to be now.

What am I hoping to achieve? I am managing expectations.

You are not joining, you are not "going forth with the role", you are hoping to reapply/resit. At some point you may be joining but that point doesn't appear to be now.

What am I hoping to achieve? I am managing expectations.
Respectively sir, I came to this forum to ask for advice, not to argue or banter, there is a time and a place and when someone asks for reasonable advice it is not the time

Regards,

TheMau5e

Seadog

War Hero
Respectively sir, I came to this forum to ask for advice, not to argue or banter, there is a time and a place and when someone asks for reasonable advice it is not the time

Regards,

TheMau5e
I'm usually among the first of the moderators to stomp on disruptive posts in recruitment threads.

This thread is different, you are making unreasonable, nae, fallacious claims for yourself.