Personal belongings on ship

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Matt676, Mar 24, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many personal belongings are you allowed to take on board when serving on a ship?
  2. Seven.
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I just wondered what you can take on as I guess you don't get much storage room?
  4. Used to be Seven, but with the introduction of the new Mk XXIV locker the allowance has been improved to Eight, unless you're a WAFU, then it's Nine for the extra set of sun glasses
    • Like Like x 1
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Not forgetting that you get additional space to store your instrument if you play the Bagpipes
  6. 1 large item like 60 inch tv for your pit or 8 little items as previously said with the new lockers
  7. Surely if everyone's getting issued 2 PCS shirts to replace 3 4s shirts that leaves space for an extra item of civvy clothing?
  8. I ask as I take regaine foam to combat hairloss. Guess I won't be able to take this on deployment then.
  9. Ah, see now, strictly speaking Regain foam is not a personal belonging, it's a medication so you would need a chitty from the doc to keep it in your locker - or if there's room it can be stowed in the sick bay for you
  10. pop corn.jpg :)
  11. Go bald it's cheaper! Plus not f**ker on board will make a mess of your haircut when on deployment
  12. A friend of mine chose to grow a full set and therefore didn't need the locker space for shaving foam, which he used for the regaine foam instead. You could try that route?
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  13. Go bald and take a selection of syrups, change said syrup every day and go to the joss every morning and say "guess who sweetie"

It'll make a deployment fly by.
  14. Where will he keep the wax strips for his legs?
  15. Every now and then, I get an overpowering urge to type 'Jesus ******* wept'.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. if you go bald (this isnt serious) do you have to polish your head for inspections. " BALD COMPANY FOR INSPECTION OFF CAPS, REMAINDER... STAND AT EASE"
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Sorry, I just wanted to know if I would be able to carry on taking this medication once in the navy.
  18. As you may guess from the responses, why bother, it's a waste of space and money.

If you're going bald, go bald. It saves on haircuts as I can vouch for :)
  19. Matt676 FFS wise up.
    There are no products available which prevent hair loss.
    Stop wasting your money on them and spend it wisely on BEEEEER
  20. Medication?

You meant "snake oil", surely?