Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Craig_C, Jun 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

This is probably a really stupid question and really obvious.

What does PERSEC/OPSEC stand for a what does it actually mean?

I see it a lot around the site and I have just been wondering.

Thanks in advance,

2. Personal Security

Operational Security

Speaks for itself really
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Persec is personal security like names, phone number, address etc

Opsec is operational security, the things you shouldn't talk about re: work lest you give the "enemy" an advantage or reveal how much cash is wasted in Whitehall.
  4. I can't tell you mate, its OPSEC.
  5. Cheers for clearing that up guys... As I said it was really obvious! :whew:
  6. I would tell you what my mate said about it but then again PERSESC..
  7. Clearly Luke you and i have far too much time on our hands mate!! :thumright:
  8. Don't forget COCKSEC.

9. One I think I would rather forget!
  10. Beefer!! :thumright:
  11. fair one ExRubberdagger i'd love to tell u how much time i've got on my hands but then again CLOCKSEC.
  12. Watch your SARCSEC there lukep.
  13. I rest my case oppo!! :thumright:

And stop winding Redyeoman up on Once a Marine he's of a delicate disposition today bless him!!
  14. Ha i thought it was you mate too much of a coincendence
  15. It made me laugh when i joined the site and introduced myself as XRD72. i was then bollocked by the old sweats for using "rubberdagger" as it was no longer appropriate in todays climate. I couldn't fcuking win when i was in-fcuking rubbers-and i still cant win so i'll keep my user name ta very much.

16. OPSEC ? - What is wrong with the old wartime quote: "Loose lips sink ships".

I feel sure the more smutty among us could have a field-day with innuendo on that one!
  17. and with OPSEC one should always have a roll of 100 mile an hour tape to go with it...

18. Sorry Luke but you've just spilled the baked beanz. Operation I can't tell you mate, was a state secret until you revealled it. Now everyone will know that MPs are trying to keep their constituents from locating their taxpayer aided accomodation!