Perry Buoys

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by trehorn, Aug 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for a company which provides the decorative Perry buoyed to the RN. You know the one's, they're positioned at the top of the gangway when alongside on a hardwood crucifix.

Any help would be greatfully recieved.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Go for a nighttime Dockyard bimble (0300 should be perfect).
    Loiter behind skip at the bottom of the Gangway.
    Wait for QM to go to Chippy's Workshop to make a brew.
    Make like a Tottenham looter...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Surely there must be a few crusty old buffers who make them for some extra beer tokens?

Alternatively, let me know and I'll knock one up for you. It will be shit and made of black maskers, but I don't see any other ****** offering.
  4. sgtpepperband

I'll ask my mate Guido the Killer Pimp tonight; he's in London at the moment and got me a iPad, a drum kit and a bag of basmati rice on the cheap. So a perry buoy shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of... :thumbup:
  5. The chap who does the covers is 'George' Stewart at Raleigh (I'm guessing he's on leave right now). £17 per peribuoy cover, £118 for gangway coverscreens - but I'm not sure if they're only available to ships/units rather than individuals.

Navy News February 2011
  6. Thanks for the replies fella's, as useful as they are we need one with ceres division and our crest on it so I think we'll be having to order one sp9ecially ;-)
  7. Trehorn

I've just been speaking to the manufacturers of the Perry Buoy. I shall ask them about your requirements.
  8. Trehorn

Have PMd you - pls check your Inbox.
  9. Why do you have to pm, there's nothing secret about a big polo mint.
  10. sgtpepperband

Telling us about a PM ups the post count, I suppose...
  11. Good opsec on not letting our Perry bouy secrets fall into the hands of our enemies
  12. Hi Sol,

I have checked my PM's and responded to the one from you. Have you recieved it?

The one on the photo is just what we're looking for, obviously with our details on it.

13. Hi Trehorn

Apologies for being so slow in getting back to you.

PM in reply on its way in 5.

14. Hello Sol,

I just wondered if you had the opportunity to have a word with the firm who supply these yet?

15. TH

They haven't got back to me yet - will give them a shake this morning.

16. Hi Guys

I appreciate this is an old thread but I'm looking for a couple of Perry buoy covers for my local sea cadet unit, any advice on who makes them and their contact details would be appreciated

17. Interesting article Asst Ed, could you explain why your publication has renamed Perry buoys as peribuoys?

Just asking like, as I thought they were called Perrybuoys because they are (or were originally) manufactured by Perry's
  18. Mainbrace in rosyth, also do them. It's run by a bloke called Chris (ex kilick spec)