Permission to process

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by PERSEC, Mar 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good day all!

I'm due my RT test at the end of this month then my CA says he'll Requestion my documents then once recieved he'll ask for permission to process. I've always wanted to be apart of HM Navy but due to a criminal record the Army/TA and then Regular had to basically fill the gap inbetween joining! Anyway so I'm finally able to apply due to the new ROA. Anyway my point is I've had a little bit of coming and going with the army, mainly joining the TA then leaving for the regs a year after then leaving the regs (26/01/2014 - 28/02/2014) released from army service QR 9.414. my question is this, will I be able to make a statement on the permission to process so they know I'm not someone who's feeling in the middle of the road about the Navy or is it all done by the CA with no questions asked for me? also my last platoon staff personally didn't like me... think it had something to do with them seeing I didn't have the motivation to be there and the fact they're paras so obviously they're going to think I'm a massive dimlow for messing them about.

Anyway in summary for anyone who wants to skip the big bit^ 'on permission to process' can I add my reasons why I left and what type of character I am?

Additionally I left as an unhappy soldier (the aactual term)

2. if you left the army (and the TA) what makes you think the Navy is for you?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The decision with regard Approval To Process rests with the RN or RM branch manager based on your former service records. The rough rule of thumb is if the former unit would accept the individual back then the odds are the Naval Service will also.

If Approval To Process is not granted, then there is nothing stopping a person writing a representation to state their case for appeal. The way it is viewed however is the service records reflect the most unbiased representation of the individual's performance in relation to all of their peer group, whereas a representation made by the individual is heavily biased.