Perks?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Togberners, Jul 31, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In comparison with the armed forces, is there any chance of going skiing, on going on expeditions and the like?

2. No. The big adventure expeditions stuff doesn't include us. There's smaller things like discounted sailing and gliding courses though.

3. Oh well never mind. Discounts are good. You never know, I could make friends and get the opportunity to go skiing and do other things I have never done before - hopefully Thanks.

4. Honestly you don't need to join the RFA to do those things. Just go throw some money at an activity and enjoy yourself.

5. Don't be patronising. Of course I know that. I want to join the RFA because I want to change my life in a whole lot of ways. It is not just to give me opportunities to meet other people and do other leisure pursuits but those are the perks Why do you think I called this thread "Perks?" I am so sorry to be abrupt but I have thought greatly about this application and it offends me when someone should be flippant about it.

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

There are no perks to the job. You go to sea for 4 months then, whilst an apprentice, you have a month off. If you are offered a job at the end of your apprenticeship you would go to sea for 4 months and have 3 months off. What you do in your leave is up to you, unless you get pinged for courses. You can use your ID card for forces discounts but there are no other perks.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Thank-you. What does pinged for courses mean?

8. exJenny

Stitched.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I am sorry to be so thick but what does stitched mean?!

10. KJF

KJF Midshipman

Yeah I don't understand that as well haha

11. The RFA won't put a gun to your head and force you to have fun. If you don't find yourself doing stuff you want to do naturally it won't change by changing your job.

Also working with sailors isn't the best idea if your easily offended.

• Like Like x 3
  12. exJenny

Have you met many RFA personnel? What job are you thinking of going for?

13. No I am just looking at the moment. I have thought about Logistics Officer but there aren't any positions available at the moment

14. Hey Togberners, i applied for logistics officer back in march/april, had my interview in July and got AIB in October, so they are still looking for LSO's.

15. Hi ScottishChic,

Congrats on the interview! I've got mine next month for LSO, what kind of stuff did they ask you? Any tips or hints on what to swot up on?

Thanks

Guinness goodness

16. Hi all, try this benifits Book.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2