Perisher - Sky News

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by angrydoc, May 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky News are running a thing today and all weekend about the Perisher Course. Have just watched the first bit and, apart from moaning about the lack of female submariners, it seems pretty good. It bigs us up quite well!

Sky News

2. saw it myself professionalism from the submariners BZ after all that tosh from the Lusty. :thumright: ps and me a wafu :salut: waiting for a reply from my oppo Red Sailor!

3. was it just me or did that 2 and a half ringer look about 17?

4. yes skin wasnt he :thumright:

5. LOL,one of the 2 ringers looked old enough to have been his Dad as well!

6. Can you still get the original BBC Perisher on DVD does anybody know ?

Also the Killick calling his work gear No 8's instead of No 4's as they are apparently known now brought back a few memories.

7. Dave Whitehouse was the Taso on my boat, a top bloke and apparently oneof the better watch leaders. Its a shame he failed..

8. How come nobody reached out and punched the killick in the heeeed for gobbing off in the bunck space. STFU I'm off watch you twat!!!!

Hands up all us retired old gits that would just love one more go!!!!! :worship: :thumright: :w00t:

9. Dont happen like that now days mate, People are always gobbing off in the bunkspace, despite the attempts of some of us to educate them in bunkspace ettiqute(sp)
    Worst offenders are the fecking fwd staff going down the fridge flat shouting 'Hatch up' twats...........

10. I noticed it now takes place off Guzz. Is that the only area, or do they still do it in the Clyde ?
    Are there anymore runs ashore in Rothesay?
    Geting pissed and flung out of Zavaroni's chippy for bursting into a rousing rendition of "Ma, he's frying fish tonight".
    Goodoh!

11. You can't touch the shits anymore but discipline and ethos is being pushed.Being a wrecker in my, past go and see your wrecker , coz most Fwd Stokers are gobby to the point they are pissing him off and he will jump on them for you.

12. Didnt happen on my last skimmer. That must be where you earn your extra money :p lol

13. I watched the article this morning quite good - wanted it to go on longer, I bet the WO and the CPO interviewed are *issed off after being named as petty officer "so and so". Wonder how many out of the 5, get get the chop?

Always a pinger ............

14. 2 of 'em :):)

15. Didnt happen on my last skimmer. That must be where you earn your extra money :p lol

16. Tits looks exactly as I remember him from Tireless.....well maybe a little porkier.
    The thing is he made exactly the same mistakes as they are all doing now on their make or break course. He knows exactly what to do to get them to perform the right way and more importantly he knows which of them will fail and why!
    What can't be felt from these telly programmes is how absolutely shagged out everybody is. The Teachers, the Perishers and the crew!
    Wish it was me though....I could do it...just one more time!
    Yeah! In me dreams could I!

17. He was Jimmy on the last O boat - Opossum - and he was a wee bit on the porky side then (91-93). Nice bloke enjoyed his eggie toast. Seem to remember he was a veggie!

18. How come I never heard that dramatic music when I served on board these big fat messengers of death. Then again I never heard the jaws music when swimming in the vicinity of sharks either, so maybe it's just me!

19. Tits, a.k.a The Penguin.

Great guy, excellent CO. Good to see some positive PR in the media, for a change.

20. Sky News[/quote] saw it myself professionalism from the submariners BZ after all that tosh from the Lusty. :thumright: ps and me a wafu :salut: waiting for a reply from my oppo Red Sailor![/quote]

Scouse: Watched it all and would only agree with your own gracious comments. Thorough professionalism from start to finish and a credit to both the Submarine Service and the Andrew. Kind of redeems us all after the adverse publicity pasting the RN has received over the past 12 months or so. BZ to all involved.

Red Sailor