Periscope View

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Scouse_Castaway, Jun 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just finished reading this having got it a while ago. Its about the operations of the Submarines based at Malta during the middle of WW2. Very interesting and informative.

Periscope View by G. W. G. Simpson

now working my way through Diver by Tony Groom and its proving rather darn good :)
  2. Just had a shufti, really good site. Some of the photos are great
  3. Scouse if you want an alternative view on the underwater war in WW2 try Iron Coffins by Herbert Werner. Just finished reading it - fantastic book.
  4. I had a read of that and quite enjoyed it.

Lent it to a driver with the local minicab firm who wanted to be a "Royal Marine Diver". Plan was he knew where I lived and could therefore put it back through my letter box. Haven't seen it or him since - oh well. Maybe he joined up...
  5. Perhaps it was Deano in disguise on the hunt for insider knowledge?

On a serious note.........Shame dude, brilliant book.
  6. I'l try and find a copy, thanks mate. Read this other one a while back

Steel Boat, Iron Hearts: A U-Boat Crewman's Life Aboard U-505 by Hans Goebler

Rather good indeed. Got a place on the shelf right next to Das Boot....and the DVD version of Das Boot too of course
  7. Scouse C

You can get a copy of Iron Coffins in paperback on Amazon for a reasonable pice:
  8. Ordered. :)

Give me something to read in the dull moments of Life up here in Crapsville
  9. Sounds good. Haven't read Das Boot either (watched the film of course). Think I might need some variation in my reading though.